Author Topic: Any other 10 month olds that aren't crawling/pulling up?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Any other 10 month olds that aren't crawling/pulling up?
« on: December 21, 2005, 23:39:42 pm »
Abigail is 10 months old today. She has always been a little behind in her physical development. Well she isn't crawling or pulling up yet and I am starting to get worried. Her doctor wants her to go to physical therapy to try and "catch up".
After reading on the internet (always a BAD thing to do I know) I am starting to really get worried. I read about all the bad things that can be related to babies who never crawl/are behind developmentally.
Basically, I just want reassurance. I want to know that there are others out there whose 10 months old aren't crawling/pulling up and that it is okay and everything will be fine...
I just want to know my precious girl will be okay....
Cindy

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:15:01 am »
Aiden didn't crawl until 10.5months old...first pulled himself up at 11.5mo&  walked at 13.5 months & now at almost 2.5, runs jumps etc.

He also has the language skills of a 4yo & eats meals using knife & fork & does some fine motor activities that many 3-4 yo still find difficult to master.

My sister never crawled & didn't walk until 21months... she has run 1/2 marathons & is one of those people "you love to hate" as she is good at everything :lol:

I think you may find she is developing other things, I bet she plays really well with toys or is really interested in stories or something that her peers aren't
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Lan

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 01:25:47 am »
2 of my friends' babies just SAT until they were 12 months old, not moving at all, and they both turned out fine, crawling at 12 months, walking around 15 months. So I wouldn't worry unless she is nearing 13 months and still not moving around in any way. The milestone chart from our mother -baby clinic also says that 12 months is the 'watch out' age for not moving so you've got a couple of months yet.

I walked early as a baby and my husband walked late and he is much more athletic than me!