Author Topic: Do they outgrow their loveys?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: December 22, 2005, 00:35:37 am »
Carmela has a stuffed animal that was her "lovey" ... she refused to sleep without this thing and loved him so much.  Now she throws him out of the crib as soon as I leave the room for both naps and bedtime.  So tonight I kind of made up my mind to skip him and see how it goes.  And lo and behold she hasn't cried for him yet.  She's still up and playing, but not crying for him. 

I'm kind of excited yet kind of sad.  I am happy taht she won't be 20 and needing her stuffed animal  :roll: yet sad because I always thought she slept better with her lovey.

Offline Abby&Jeremys Sunshine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:07:48 am »
***Looks around to hide from embarrassment***

Abby is four and has had this pink blankie since she was a year old..... Which is now lovingly called what else but PINK BLANKIE....It has since become threadbarren, pulled apart, lost half of itself and then sewn back togther.... We have tried to *lose* her persay..but IT NEVER works :(

How exactly did you bypass lovey tonight???

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:22:59 pm »
Everytime we put Carmela in her crib for nap and bedtime she throws her stuffed animal on the floor.  So tonight we got into her room, she asked for him (we keep in her room at all times, he's not allowed out....poor animal sleeps A LOT  :wink:  and so since she doesn't even sleep with him today I "forgot" him and she only asked once or twice and that was it!  It seems at 20 months old she outgrew him.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Do they outgrow their loveys?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 20:17:01 pm »
i think it depends on the child... jaina's 2.5 and still has her teddy bear - won't go to sleep without him. 

and...   :oops:  :oops: i still have my teddy bear from when i was a baby, and i'm 27!   :oops:  :oops:  although now i snuggle around my body pillow instead!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 23:00:22 pm »
Andrew is sitting on the couch holding on to Lala and he's 4.5.  It goes to day care with him and JK too.

I'm sure he won't take it to university.  But one never knows.
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Lan

Do they outgrow their loveys?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 00:32:03 am »
I can distinctly remember having a blankie when I was a kid, and my Dad telling me I was a big girl and didn't need it anymore. So I decided to have a ceremonial burning in the backyard. I was about 6 or 7 years old. I don't remember missing it at all afterwards - that was that.

I'm going to let my son keep his teddy as long as he wants - as long as he still doesn't have it in high school! (I know an adult who still has a lovey in bed!!!!)