Author Topic: Help - night waking???  (Read 907 times)

Offline lolli

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 22, 2005, 09:32:24 am »
My 6mth old DS is still getting up during the night.  During the day he is having breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3/4 bf.  Last night I dreamfed him at 11pm in the hope that he would then sleep right through.  He was up at 3.30am and didn't settle until 5am.  He does appear to be teathing but not confinced that is what is waking him.  Once he went back to sleep at 5 he only slept until 6am when he got up and was bf.  I am wondering if he's not getting enough milk during the day and should I try changing the afternoon bf for a bottle feed (not sure if he would take it easily as he's never had a bottle) to see if that helps.

Any comments / advice would be lovely.  With DS1 almost 3 there is no chance of a day time nap for me, it makes for a long day being up so much during the night.  Thanks - Lorna

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Help - night waking???
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 02:01:24 am »
My 7mo is still having 5 bf a day, so maybe you need to offer an extra feed in there. I don't think a bottle feed will help. What I often do is "double feed" I offer a bf then 10mins later offer the breast again & then 20mins later offer solids & straight after solids offer a bf again...I need to do this as my ds#2 is VERY distracted by his big brother

I know where you are at having a toddler & no day rest, my 2.5 yo has Asthma & keeps me up at night quite often & it makes it hard to function the next day...I have just learnt to go to bed Very early.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05