Author Topic: Bedtime???  (Read 1139 times)

Offline dd2flick

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 22, 2005, 19:52:49 pm »
what time should I be putting my 13wk old down for bedtime to get her to sleep through the night? I put my lo down at 7pm and df at 11pm and she wakes at 3/4am and wakes at 7am. Could I get her to go longer if I put ehr down later?
dianne

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Bedtime???
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 00:08:51 am »
Sounds very normal to me, I don't think changing bedtime will make your lo sleep any longer... just time... some babies just don't do longer than 4 hours at 13 weeks.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jennp

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 02:26:29 am »
I found that whether I put my daughter down earlier or later it doesnt effect her sleeping longer. So if earlier means you get a little more rest you may as well try it.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Bedtime???
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 04:40:43 am »
I'd highly recomend you don't try keeping your LO up longer. Thats a pretty good night sleep for 13 weeks. If you try to keep her up you'll just end up with an overtired and over stimulated baby, and then all hell could brake loose.
My LO also goes to bed at 7pm, she has been since 10 weeks, she started with the same basic routine as your LO. She'll now sleep right through till 7-8 am with an 11pm dreamfeed. She's now 4 months old (on X-Mas) it takes time before they sleep right through, just be patient and keep up what your doing. They'll sleep through for you before you know it :) Your doing a great job.
Kimberly