Author Topic: Awake in the night -- but is he really awake?  (Read 940 times)

Offline jennyg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Awake in the night -- but is he really awake?
« on: December 22, 2005, 18:36:49 pm »
Hi - My 6 month old son wakes up over and over in the night. The first time he wakes up it is like he isn't really awake (eyes are closed) but he is crying. Should I try to let him cry for a while and see if he stops?

In addition to this he wakes up every few hours in the night. I think he may be overtired due to not enough napping during the day, but I can't figure out how to get him to nap more since he is at daycare. When he wakes up I either give him the pacifire (yes, it is a crutch) and he goes right back to sleep OR he is hungry and then goes right back to sleep. This happens over and over all night long...

I am going to try PU/PD after the holidays, but is there anything else I can go to make this little guy sleep through the night?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Jen

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Awake in the night -- but is he really awake?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 00:31:29 am »
I think getting rid of the Paci might help, but if you think  he is tired from daycare, then I'm guessing it is the overtired part that is making the waking worse...I had that problem with my ds#1 who didn't nap properly at daycare, we went through a few months where we pretty much got him home & put him to bed...I felt like I never saw my son on those days, but it slowly improved... don't know what other advice to give.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05