Author Topic: Waking up SCREAMING!!  (Read 976 times)

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up SCREAMING!!
« on: December 26, 2005, 22:03:32 pm »
Ok... we are at our wits end with this one. Our 7 month old is known to wake up during the night a few times either being stuck in the corner of the crib (bum pushing in his sleep), blankets off ... or wakes up if he wets his diaper.

Now.. lately when I go in the room to soothe him back to sleep (he only has one feeding between 5-6 am then back to sleep until around 7:30/8:00), he SCREAMS high murder and won't soothe/settle down. Give him the soother? Throws it ... Pat/Shhh method? Forget it ... he ends up hyperventulating and I end up walking the room with him and/or feeding him to get him back to sleep (which I don't like doing...).

Any suggestions or reason why he'd be doing this?
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Waking up SCREAMING!!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 00:28:27 am »
My thought is he may actually be thirsty, do you have heating on in his room at night? we are having a really hot spell here (Im in Australia) & I notice that my ds will wake for a quick feed earlier than he used to on hot nights...I was talking to my cousin in the UK & her lo's often woke more for feeds on cold nights as the heating dried them out.

My rule of thumb is if my ds has slept more than 6 hours, I offer a feed as I know we all get back to bed quickly... if it is the same time 3 nights in a row then I look for another reason. I tend to think just 'cos he did 10 hours one night, he won't always be able to do it...Heck I wake for a drink in the night somedays why shouldn't he.

The rolling in the corner... he will work out in time & the wet Diaper...I use a bigger size one for at night, or you can get inserts (which we use for our toddler) which help absorb more.

Other than that I can't think of much to help
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Ohh.. good to know!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 01:18:37 am »
I never thought of that... :)

But finally.. he SLEPT last night until 5:00 STRAIGHT... and guess what...

POPPED THREE TEETH! The top two and one side! So I'm thinking this is what may be causing the screaming... odd, as he never showed ANY signs of teething except for the rosey cheeks. Gums were cool... everything.

We slept... :) hehe
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005