Author Topic: turn head from bottle??  (Read 1414 times)

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
turn head from bottle??
« on: December 23, 2005, 20:53:23 pm »
Hi

My baby has in the last 4 days become fussy to eat, even when I know he's hungry..... he turn his head away and wriggles around all over the place and puts his hands up almost to block the bottle......just started doing this , I thought maybe he needed to be at 4 hour intervals but i let him go 4 and he did the same thing??  doesn't want to nap well either, just in general fussy for naps......if I go and take him out he's happy as can be but obviously more and more tired as the day goes on because he isn't napping long enough.....i also noticed he had like this yellowish lookin stuff in his poop.....he is formula fed....is this diahrrea?  Has anyone else had this with their babies??  I looked in his mouth and I don't see a tooth or swollen gums.....I need help because its becoming frustrating at feeding/napping times.....all other times he is happy as can be.....I would like to switch to the 4 hour but only if he'll drink more....if he doesn't then he won;t get enough calories.....when i did the 4 he only drank as much as when he does 3...6ozs....I don't think it's growth spurt it seems to me he just had one like 1 week ago.....took in tons and tons a day like 35-39ozs......sorry for the length

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
turn head from bottle??
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 21:46:08 pm »
Hi there
My DD went through a stage of being a nightmare to feed and it turned out to be wind does he scream and arch his back at feed times cos thats a classic sign. Even teeth that havent erupted can cause problems esp with the bottom end for some strange reason. Does he sleep at night or has that changed to???
Do you have a health visitor you can talk to??
What formula is he on?? has he always been on it???
Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a better picture
I used to give DD infracol with her feeds which helped with the wind too
If you are really worried its best to get some prof advise
Let us know how you get on
Kxx

Offline little mans mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
turn head from bottle??
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 20:19:11 pm »
You will have to excuse me im new to this and not sure if i completed this cotrrectly, but i am having the same problem, Lucas is 15weeks and weighs 10lb 9oz, he takes about an hour to an hour and a half on each each feed of between 4-6oz (usually 5oz) on average about 19-22oz per day. He goes about 4hrs between and sleeps from about 9.30pm to 8am (which we sometimes have to wake him for his morning feed) i have asked the HV and she just says well hes putting on weight so thats ok. Its driving us up the wall with how long it takes :( , sometimes he cries but other time he talks away with only having 2oz of his bottle. Keep thinking that if we were the kind of people to leave him he would loose weight and the HV would be then concerned. Does any body have an suggestions??
Lucas born 16 September 2005

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
turn head from bottle??
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 16:29:45 pm »
Most babies go through stages where they just don't take as much as "normal".  Both of my kiddos did it, and I too found it very frustrating.  But if you don't see any changes in night time sleep - starting to wake or waking more.  And if they continue to gain weight, try to go with the flow  :D  It increases/goes back to normal after a little while.

Is he around 4 months?  Around that time too, my kiddos went through little blurps in their napping.  I think it is related to developmental issues (rolling, etc.)  :D

Poop thing sounds normal to me, I would consider it diahrrea if it was real watery and runny :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom