Author Topic: 12 mo old ready to go from 2 naps to 1 ?  (Read 914 times)

Offline StrawberryAnnie2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:02:06 am »
Hannah wakes anywhere bewteen 7-7:30 am. If I try to put her down for an am nap any earlier than 11 she plays, stands up, etc, then drops off at 11. Problem is that she only sleeps until noon. Today I tried to put her down for a pm nap at 3:30 and she didn't fall asleep until 4:14! I had DH wake her at 5pm because I didn't want to mess up bedtime. It seems like she can handle 4 hrs A time now, so I'm wondering if I should just slowly push the 11am nap back by 1/2 hr increments. I am really hesitating to drop the am nap since, as we all know, it is very nice to have some Y time both in the am and pm.

Any advice?

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
12 mo old ready to go from 2 naps to 1 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 01:20:54 am »
You're probably not gonna want to hear this, but Josie went to 1 nap at 11 months after pulling pretty much the same kinda thing. It would've been nice if she'd at least had one 2-hour nap, but noooo, from 2 90-minute naps to 1 90-minute nap. :(

I'd say if you only get one nap out of her but it's a good one, then leave well enough alone. I got so used to having the one break in the middle of the day, and it was easy enough to just have it right after lunch - I used it to sort laundry while watching soaps before Days of our Lives got too weird and I gave it up. LOL

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
12 mo old ready to go from 2 naps to 1 ?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 01:57:02 am »
I'm with Deb. (except for me it's young and restless!  :lol: ) We had the same thing happen but now on a good day Ella will sleep for 2 1/2 hours but it's been a bumpy ride! I kind of like the one nap myself. Gives us a chance to do things in the am and some me time in the pm.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008