Author Topic: 30 min. naps due to teething?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: December 26, 2005, 16:51:13 pm »
Hi! My dd is almost 7 months and it has been a week of 20 to 30 min naps after 1.30 to 2 hours of naps. I am sure she is teething, but with Tylenol and oragel she is still napping way shorter. Any advice, suggestion or shoulder please? Should I try pu/pd or how do I handle teething?

Gigismom

30 min. naps due to teething?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 17:27:45 pm »
daniela-
if you are giving your dd tylenol, that should help her with the teething pain.  so i don't think that her naps are short due to teething, although they like to keep us guessing, so who knows?!   :roll:

do you think that your dd is in need of increasing her awake time?  around 6-7 months, my dd needed her awake time increased to about 2.5 hours.  that really helped her naps start to get longer.  has your dd recently reached a milestone like sitting up, crawling, etc?  sometimes that throws off naps.

also, sometimes, my dd has a few days or a week of short naps for no apparent reason, then she will go back to long naps as if nothing happened.  maybe if you have time, you can post your routine so we can be more specific.

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 18:03:53 pm »
Thanks... here is her recent routine as we where having some troubles due to returning reflux:
7:30 wake up
8 bottle
9 little fruit solids
10 sleep
10:30 awake
12 veggies
1 bottle for sleeping otherwise she wont take any solids or bottle
1:15  - 1:30sleep
2 wake up
4 bottle
5 catnap
6 small fruit and cereal
7:45 bottle

she sleeps thru night...
plus I am beginning to worry as dd shows no interest in sitting by herself or rolling over...  :cry:
hope you can help... thanks again

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 20:02:20 pm »
Hi Daniela,
Teething does cause reflux to return and often with a vengance. On the other hand have you had your medications checked recently to make sure your dd is getting the right amount for her weight? This is something people often tend to forget.

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 20:23:18 pm »
Thanks!!! I didnīt knew that! Yes, it has been 2 weeks since doc adjusted medication, and she is having small reflux now and so she was, but doc increased dosage anyway.

Gigismom

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 00:17:28 am »
your routine looks good as far as her awake times...how does she seem when you put her down?  is she tired, overtired or not tired?  does your dd seem happy when she is awake or is she fussy like she is still tired?  i found that around 6-7 months my dd's sleep signals got really confusing.  sometimes, she would act sleepy, but if i put her down, she'd just scream because she wasn't really tired.  but sometimes she seemed not at all tired and i'd put her down anyway and she'd sleep for 2 hours... :?   so it did take some playing around with awake times to find just the right ones.  she does seem to get a lot of sleep at night.  it seems she gets about 13 + hours per day.  is that right?  that is about all my dd usually gets.  she gets about 10-11 at night and then 2-3 during the day.  if she seems happy on that amount of sleep per day, you may need to wake her earlier in the am to get her to nap more during the day...(but i don't know if you want to mess with that AWESOME amount of night sleep...i'm jealous!!)

i would maybe wait it out a few more days.  sometimes these things work themselves out.  if it's not any better or getting worse, maybe try adjusting her routine if you think that is the cause, but it looks good to me.  or it could be the reflux, i am no expert on that though...

as for the sitting/rolling over, my dd was a late bloomer in the motor skills area too.  she didn't sit til about 7 months, didn't crawl til almost 10 months.  i wouldn't worry about that too much yet.