Author Topic: It works!  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« on: December 27, 2005, 16:03:05 pm »
When I took my wee boy home (he is now 3 months old) I started co-sleeping and breastfeeding at night was very easy but the problem was that every single noise woke me up, even if it was just a wee snuffle.

Then my hubby and I put him in his bed at night (awake!) and waited until he was falling asleep, not doing anything. He wouldn't make a fuss and he was very sleepy. At the very beginning he would want to be fed at 8pm, then at 1 am, then 4am, then 7. During the feeds at night I wouldn't turn on the light, talk or change his nappy (only if necessary). At 7 weeks he started to only want a feed at 11 and then again at 7 or 8 in the morning. Since he started teething that has changed a bit though. Anyway... everytime I tucked him in and stood by his bed he seemed restless, even crying sometimes. As soon as I went out the room though he would fall asleep with a smile on his face, so I guess my presence was just overstimulation for him...

Since then I feed him at 6pm, tuck him in and go out the room for 10 or 20 minutes. I can hear him from the next room slowly falling asleep without a cry at all. Then I stay awake till 10.30 or 11 when he feeds again and then we all go to bed. My husband and I take turns in getting him up in the morning though so that one of us can always sleep a bit longer.

Well... try to actually tuck your tired(!) wein in and leave the room for a few minutes, it really helped me.

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
It works!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 21:45:22 pm »
Amen!  Same thing with my LO.  Occassionally, he still wants me there with a hand on him while he goes to sleep, but it's so seldom, I don't mind a bit, and he's very sweet and snuggly those evenings.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
It works!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 23:45:50 pm »
my LO is the same way, We're very lucky.. specially for our family as my DD is spirited.
Kimberly

Offline Redjelly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 02:16:17 am »
Same to a degree here. The more I "settle" DD#2 the longer it takes for her to go to sleep (most times anyway).... took me about a week to realise as DD#1 needed a lot of settling.

Offline mbasilio

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 19:07:33 pm »
Thanks for your replies! 

I've tried leaving her in the crib when she's tired and leave the room.  After about 10 min, she'll be 'shouting' for me and I find her standing up in her crib.  When I try to put her down, she'll stand up again.  This goes on till she starts crying really hard.  Is this the phase we have to go through and she'll finally learn to sleep in her own crib?