Author Topic: Extending A time  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Matka

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
  • "Brother's don't shake hands, brother's gotta hug!
Extending A time
« on: December 27, 2005, 21:14:00 pm »
I'm trying to extend 4 month old ds's A time to 2 hours in order to try and overcome the 45 min. nap monster.  Right now he can handle just about 1.5 before getting crotchity, but what do you do?  He shows no sign of wanting to play more (even quiet play like reading or rocking) and just gets more annoyed and fussy.  Do you just let him fuss and cry until the 2 hour mark?
Kathy-Ann
Wife to Big Dude, Mom to Clara the one-eyed Cat, Sean Henry, and Mark Daniel
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1046198.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1150719.png[/img]

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Extending A time
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 03:19:15 am »
Walking.  Take him for a walk the last half an hour of activity time, then into the house, diaper change and winddown routine.  That's the only way DD could stand to extend her A time.

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Extending A time
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 19:53:13 pm »
I am trying to extend my son's A time as well. However, i have a question. By extending A time arent we in danger of missing their sleep window?

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
Extending A time
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 20:31:47 pm »
The 2 places I found it hardest to extend wake times were at about 4 months when we dropped the evening cat nap which was half an hour, in this case I just bathed earlier and for longer. The second was at 13 months when we cut down to one nap but dd was still tired in the morning but not enough to sleep, in this case I used walks.  I think if your little one is young going for a walk may in some cases actually encourage them to drop off in the buggy. Another thing I found great was I would take the changing mat into the living room and strip dd down to the nude, she really loved this and it kept her stimulated, yes we did have a few pee pees to clean  :wink: