Author Topic: Rolling over - Now what?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Rolling over - Now what?
« on: December 28, 2005, 14:33:51 pm »
Hi -

I am feeling a bit stupid posting this but my brain does not seem to be working.   :oops:

My almost 7 month old dd FINALLY rolled over today from back to belly.  Besides taking the normal precautions of not leaving her on anything high (bed, changing table), what other precautions should I take?  Do I need to lower her crib mattress?

Sorry for the dense question but I just want to make sure I keep my dd safe!  TIA!

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Rolling over - Now what?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 04:52:04 am »
There are no silly questions here... :wink:

I haven't lowered my dd's cot mattress yet, she only rolls but has absolutely no interest in using her arms to pull herself along the floor, not trying to sit up from the floor, bear weight on her legs or try and climb up things.  When she does I will be lowering the mattress down.  Make sure you put the side up though.  I think it depends on your dd also, my dd is very placid and just not a go getter when it comes to action, so she's not the type to suddenly do something. 

HTH :)

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Rolling over - Now what?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 21:28:41 pm »
my son's mattress is still up high too! 
if your dd is REALLY a roller then you may hafta make certain that she can't roll so far that her head gets under a sofa, chair etc... this happened to a friend's lo who rolled under a chair ending up on her tummy and then got upset because she whacked her head trying to survey her new surroundings  :shock: , i really don't think that this is a common one tho...