SLEEP > Sleeping For Toddlers

Those with later nap times...

(1/4) > >>

Carmela's Mom:
Carmela (20 months) currently goes down for her nap at 12:30.  I am afraid to try any later than that because I love our early bedtime of 7:30.  But her naps are so hit and miss.  One day she'll fall asleep with 10 minutes, the next I go in 45 minutes later and she'll go to sleep and then there is always the day that she won't go to sleep at all.  I think if I put her in later, she'd take her nap consistently but I am so afraid of her not wanting to go to bed until after 8 and that is just too late for me.  I like my hour or two of alone time with DH before going to bed myself!!!!!!!  Suggestions?

sacmommy:
We always seem to be on the same page - I was just having the same thought as I was logging on to the computer... maybe I should try a LATER naptime for my dd. But I don't think this will work for me. I know she's tired when I put her down. Also, I've read that you should target the nap so that it occurs exactly between wakeup and bedtime. So if she's up at 6 am and down at 7 pm, she should nap 11:30-1:30. I'm also interested in the comments of people with later naptimes. It kind of sounded in recent posts like it doesn't affect their bedtimes moving later?

annas mum:
Hi there
    Well if it helps, my DD Anna, who is 25 months, has a nap starting anytime between 12.30  & 1.30pm with a rare 2pm start if we get delayed and she still goes to bed between 7-7.30 pm with no problems
HTH
Clare

Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom:
My dd's nap was at 1 pm for a long, long time starting with when she dropped her morning nap (it was a struggle getting her to stay awake until 1 pm but worked better in the long run).  Now she's asleep by 1:30 or sometimes 2 pm and sleeps for atleast 1 1/2 hours, but normally more like 2 or 2 1/2 hours and is asleep around 8 or 8:30.  If your dd doesn't nap too long, a later start would still ensure the 7:30 bedtime, especially if you just moved to the 1 pm time.  Good luck!

~*~Janelle~*~:
I actually just posted on sacmom's other post...mine both take naps later...in fact I just put Abby down (at 2:30) and Savannah is going in a few minutes.  Usually I put Abby down earlier, but we've been cooped up with all of this rain, so I don't feel the need to get them to take nice, long naps!
Anyway, I just make sure I wake my girls at a decent time...for Savannah that's usually 4ish and I let Abby go until 4:30.  They both go to bed without a hitch at 8ish.  I too couldn't stand not having my evenings free...that's my favorite time of the day!!!  I do have to wake them both up nearly every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version