Author Topic: he's screaming and I'm about to join in  (Read 1060 times)

Offline caseyjayne323

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
he's screaming and I'm about to join in
« on: December 28, 2005, 18:09:33 pm »
Oh good grief. We've been up since 0700 this morning. It is now noon. He WONT take a nap. He's getting fussier by the minute and I just want to cry. Is it safe to hold him this one time, or will it get it into his head that if he screams and resists hard enough he will get rocked to sleep all the time? HELP!! :cry:

Offline Lara's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 18:16:26 pm »
what do u normally do? post ur nap and bedtime routine...personally i think he's still too young to do anything too... but that's just me...
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 18:31:22 pm »
My opinion only, but an occaisional cuddle with mom and dad is not going to throw everything out of whack.  Focus on Eat-Activity-Sleep (with activity being very short - maybe just a diaper change).  And, do what you can to help him get his sleep, being mindful of establishing good sleep habits (like a sleepytime routine) or at least acknowledge the  Accidental Parenting that you are doing along the way.  I don't think that, at 1MO, rocking him to sleep is going to cause major sleep training issues if you are creating a winddown routine beforehand.

Enjoy your DS and give him hugs and cuddles before he can crawl, walk, run or drive away from you!  And, if you can, take a little breather for yourself.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline caseyjayne323

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 18:35:07 pm »
yeah thats what I'm thinking too, and he's just having a bad day, but he just seems so miserable. I'm wondering if in my sleep deprived state, if I'm taking the bottle away too soon or if he doesnt feel good, because he hasnt even taken a whole 8 oz bottle yet in all this time. he's ate maybe 6 oz since he's been up and usually he's a big eater. but he's pretty much awake. on a normal day, we usually get up around 8, i feed him (about 4 oz, usually), change his diaper, and normally he stays awake for almost an hour, and then I swaddle him and lay him down in his pen and he takes a good two hour nap. Last night though, for some reason, he ignored his normal bedtime of 9 and decided to finally go to sleep at around eleven. we had friends over and im wondering if he got overstimulated. could that have thrown off today?

Offline Matka

• Showing Appreciation 46
  • "Brother's don't shake hands, brother's gotta hug!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 20:07:17 pm »
I've noticed a change in my ds too because of the holidays.  We've had people over, gone visiting, plus dh is off work this week so he's at home too.  We've tried to keep to his schedule as much as possible, but he does seem fussier than usual.  Ds also had hard time going to sleep last night.  I think it's just all the craziness of the holidays.  I can relate to the tiredness, you just feel like crap.  Sending you big ((HUGS)).  Hope things get back on track soon.
Kathy-Ann
Wife to Big Dude, Mom to Clara the one-eyed Cat, Sean Henry, and Mark Daniel
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1046198.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1150719.png[/img]