Author Topic: Everything is falling apart!  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
Everything is falling apart!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 04:14:46 am »
Hi Gage and Mommy!

Well done little man-you are on the right track!  Also well done Zander and mum too!

I am amazed that Gage can stay in his crib for an hour happily playing :shock:   You should be thankful and proud because it means that you have created a safe and fun environement for him in his room.

Where you live can you go for walks outside?  I have always found that one of the best things to do with taylor when I am working on extending A time is to take her for a walk out side for about 10 minutes in my arms (not in the stroller in case he falls asleep).  I do this at the very end of A time and then take her in for her nap.  Most times it works like a charm.

And in answer to your 2  :?: , I agree with Michelle on both counts.

Good luck and give yourself a pat on the back! :D
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• How lucky am I?
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 04:37:15 am »
I know, I cant believe it either! It was a piece of cake getting him into his crib. All I did was let him play in there a couple of times with his mobile and had him take a couple of naps in there and he was fine! I really dont like leaving him in there that long, it just seems cruel. In fact another one of his favorite places is the changing table. He loooooves it! He goes crazy laughing and cooing. I have no idea why other than there is a huge mirror on the wall next to it. This child is crazy!  :lol: We are so blessed!

I need to take him out more, but it has been so rainy (We live in Washington state  :roll:) and there a lot of dogs around. Also, Gage is a chunky monkey and he is throwing my back out from carring him. When it gets nice out we are going to go out more often.

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 12:51:50 pm »
Hi Gage's Mom

Zander does get overtired very quickly but I've found that if I feed him towards the end of an activity time he gets a second wind and distraction has started to work for him too.  Somebody on here suggested that if you think your LO is tired but maybe it's too soon then change the activity first, this is a good tip!  There was a time when Zander yawned when he was tired now we're not so lucky to get such obvious signs.  He might rub his eyes or throw his arms and legs everywhere or whine or suck his fingers or all of the above.  I've found a pretty good test is to pick him up and if he tries to bury his head in my chest then he's tired.

Zander's also getting bored of laying on the floor.  He's happier on his front that he used to be now and we have a Bumbo seat (I'll attach a piccie!).  He likes sitting in that holding a book or rattle or staring at his new socks (see piccie!).

Good luck with extending the A times.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

• How lucky am I?
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 20:15:05 pm »
Zander is soooo handsome! Oh i think Gage would like the seat. Is there something to support his head or his upper back? Does Zander ever get tired of holding his head up? Gage's head is a little big  :lol: and his neck gets sore. I am working on tummy time, but it is NOT one of Gage's favorite things.
Thanks for the picture.

Offline KellyC

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 21:32:57 pm »
Hi

The bumbo seat goes quite high up his back so it's fairly supportive but nothing for the head.  I make sure he doesn't stay in it too long as he would probably get tired.

I think he's handsome too but I would because I'm his mummy!

Happy New Year

Kelly x

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 21:39:22 pm »
Just wanted to add that Zander is quite a looker!  Wow!  Maybe we could hook our LOs up in the future! 

Gagesmom - Congrats on extending A times.  My DD is about a month behind Gage and Zander, so I read all of yours and Kelly's posts to help me know what to expect.  Thanks for sharing your experiences!  Where do you live in WA state?  I'm just east of Seattle.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline KellyC

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 19:53:17 pm »
Thanks Casey

We'll definitely look you up - it would be great to have some relatives 'over the pond' to take holidays with  :D

Kelly x

• How lucky am I?
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 01:21:26 am »
Hi Casey! That is smart to look ahead at our posts, I should have thought of that. Gee, I hope we dont scare you though  :lol: If anything you should see that there is an end to some of those rough spots.

You dont live to far from us. We live in Kelso. It is just 45 min away from Portland, Oregon. So you know all about the rain huh? Or do you live far enough east to get some weather too?

I am glad our posts are helping you.  Let me know if you have any questions. I can TRY to help you.