Author Topic: Becoming Pregnant While Breast Feeding 1 year old  (Read 899 times)

Offline KatieG

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Becoming Pregnant While Breast Feeding 1 year old
« on: December 29, 2005, 02:00:37 am »
Hi Girls

Am trying to get pregnant and still feeding a 12 month old once a day (morning).
Was pregnant first month with first baby but now 3 months and nothing and not even sure I am ovulating....know the signs to look for but not sure if they are disguised while feeding or if I am just not ovulating regularly yet.
Has anyone got any advice or heard information what might help? Not sure if I need to stop breast feeding in order to become pregnant?

Thanks
Katie

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Becoming Pregnant While Breast Feeding 1 year old
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 02:58:38 am »
Hey Katie,

Yes, you can get pregnant if you're periods have returned. You may have an anovulatory cycle or two, depending on your body and how often your lo is nursing. As long as your periods are happening, you certainly don't need to wean to conceive.

I've been pregnant three times now while nursing. I found that it was really hard to get pregnant when I wanted to. My doctor told me that the average time for conception is about 6 months after starting trying. There is quite a science to it if you're seriously trying, check out our TTC thread on the pregnancy forum.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies