Author Topic: March/April '05 Thread #4  (Read 94617 times)

Offline Olivia's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
March/April '05 Thread #4
« Reply #285 on: January 06, 2006, 14:59:35 pm »
OK, I don't know what happened to the rest of my post, but here it is again!

We had another good night last night...Liv slept the whole night through. (Looks like things might be back to normal [insert anit-jinx dance here...for you, KATE!]). She only had a 30 min nap yesterday afternoon, but she had 1.5 hr in the morning. I'm wondering if I should start waking her up after an hour in the morning so nap #2 will be longer. Does anyone else do this?

TRACI & ANKIE--I hope you had good nights. Hang in there!

JUDY--At her last dr appointment (7 months), Liv weighed 24 lb, 1 oz. I'm sure she's over 25 by now. (RICHELLE--we don't have to wait for the "this kid is HEAVY!" expression. Most people say it as soon as they pick her up.) Great pic, BTW...I am amazed at you!

HANNAH--sorry, can't offer much advice on the the sippy. Liv takes water from a sippy with her meals, and she loves it!! She's never had milk or formula in it, though.
Nancy
Missouri, USA

Offline albertasweetpea

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
« Reply #286 on: January 06, 2006, 15:22:30 pm »
Nikki - I will give toast a try on the weekend!! Have to be brave, have to be brave...!!  She does eat Cheerios and puffed wheat, cottage cheese, yogurt so she has had some things with more texture. I may also try the avocado, heard babes love that one.

Judy - thanks for the picture, you just slay me!! And "dirty gina" OMG, how hilarious!   :lol:  :lol:  From the mouths of babes...

Hannah - so nice to hear you are doing well back at work, enjoying the kids at least!

Bec - have a good little holiday, we'll miss you!! I will tell Molly not to cut any teeth or crawl or anything until you are back OK? :wink:

Cathy - congrats on Carter getting back on track. I too can't sleep when Molly goes through the waking a ton at night stage then finally settling back into the usual. Strange how our bodies adapt isn't it?? Like before Molly I NEEDED at least 8 hours sleep or I would not be able to function at all...now if I get 6 hours I am ready to do cartwheels down the street!!

Molly is still doing well at daycare. Yesterday she only napped 45 minutes the entire day, then another 45 minutes when we got home. We put her to bed at 6 am and not a peep out of her until 4 am!! She stirred for a few minutes, fussing and grunting then back to sleep until just after 5 am. That was it though, I left her in her crib playing, hoping she would go back to sleep but no go. DH just took her to daycare and I asked him to tell them to put her straight down for a nap when she gets there. We'll see what today brings. She is happy when she gets there, smiling at the caregivers and looking around as if to see what friends are in yet!

OK so now weight and height and clothes and shoe size?? Molly was 17 lbs, 14 oz at the Doctor on December 27th. Height is about 27 inches I believe. She is still in the 0-3 month Robeez (teeny, tiny feet) and clothes size is all over the map. I put Children's Place jeans on her yesterday that were 0-3 months but some other pants are 12 month (needed for the length, the waist is quite big). I find sizes are just so inconsistent for little ones.

Yes, where the heck is Lisa anyways?? Liiiiiiiiiiiisa....come back!!
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag

Offline M&M'sMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
    • http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/thomastwinsicles/
« Reply #287 on: January 06, 2006, 15:39:13 pm »
Okay too many things to laugh at....
Cheesy toast- nice attemt Micky- a picture worth a thousand words, and worthy of a big ol fire truck!

Judy - dirty gina - AWESOME!! ROLFLMAO!!!  I just want to give you a high 5, a pat on the back, a foot rub or something for BFing as long as you have with K&H... from a mother who tried and was very unsucessful after 6 1/2 weeks... KUDOS TO YOU!!!! ( I know I have said it before, but seeing the picture reminded me)

Cathy- congrats on a great night sleep!! OMG on the 12-18 month Robeez!! I cant imagine his feet -post a pic would yah!!!

Michelle- Molly sounds like she's doing awesome, that will make your transition back to work go smoothly!

Well as for the girls clothing size and weight, still in some 6-9, but we need 12-18 for the length... they lost about 1/2 lb with the flu over Christmas, so at their SHOTS yesterday (which they did amazing at! no fuss no muss the whole time after! just a little cry when they got them!)
So they weight : Mais- 16lbs 14 oz, and Mak - 16lbs 11oz.. they are 27 1/2 ", still in 0-3 month Robeez... just like Molly little feet!!

must give the girls their cereal- they slept in 730 ( they have enjoyed 630am the past few days, so I didnt even believe the clock when I saw the time!)

oh almost forgot- enjoy your holidays Bec, see you soon (at the internet cafe Im sure!!!)

take care, jods
Maisie Lyn Caroline (angel)
March 19/05 6:16 am
Makaylee Lyn Jennifer (angel)
March 19/05 6:21 am

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Washington USA
« Reply #288 on: January 06, 2006, 16:49:53 pm »
Hey you all....quickie from me...
So, about the sippy cup thing, I guess I felt like I was supposed to try to get her to take milk from it so that eventually she would be driking milk from a cup and not a bottle...KWIM??
She likes to drink water from it but won't drink much milk...hmmm...
I have been reading about weaning them from a bottle to a cup at 12 mo. but they still need so much milk...what to do??

Maybe I am just causing issues for myself by thinking about it too early.

OK, off to teach my kids how to spell told and try :)  Words of the day :)

I might be a bit late on the chat tonight, maybe a half hour to an hour...hopefully someone will still be there. 
Hannah

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #289 on: January 06, 2006, 17:35:41 pm »
Hannah - told and try -- do you have an alphabetical list  :D ?  I'm all into teaching reading to dyslexics, so I always look at how phonetic things are.  Anyway, we've been working on the sippy and I've just started to get Katie to take water out of it.  I finally had success using the reuseable/disposable ones from "The First Years" because they have no valves.  Figures, the cheapest things work.  Oppositional-defiant, that's a fun one - I find more or less ignoring them works wonders (if you can of course, it all depends what they (and the rest of your class) are up to. 

Judy - LOL at Sara.  The twins are SO cute!  Kaite was 18.5 pounds through months 7-9.  I think she's put on more weight now, I have to weigh her and see.  Anyway, I think she was about 28 inches - her feet fit in the 9-12 month shoes nicely.  She's in 9-12 month clothes, but they're getting a wee bit short, as I have to jam her legs into her PJs these days.  Time to move up - for some reason, it always takes me forever to realize that I should feel like I'm breaking her leg when I'm shoving it in the pajamas. 

Cathy - What do you give for dinner when you don't give meat?  I know cereal is supposed to be very filling as well.  I think there might be a 9 month growth spurt, but I'm not sure.   

Michelle - I'm sure Molly will do well with toast.  Even though Katie has teeth, she seems to use her gums more anyway.  Glad to hear Molly is doing well in daycare.  They adjust so fast, don't they?  Bet she's glad to see you when you pick her up.  And gunt!  The things people think of (ok, I think that I just sounded about 85 saying that - land sakes, what will they think of next?!)

Nancy - About your long nap/short nap - do you think she needs a longer nap than the short one?  I don't mind if Katie takes short naps if she wakes up OK from them.  If she does need a longer nap, I would try waking her after an hour to lengthen the other one. 

Bec - have fun!

Traci - how did the night go?

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #290 on: January 06, 2006, 18:00:52 pm »
Hello girlies,
No time to read and respond... I am pages and pages behind. Premature diagnosis on the Short Nap Syndrom though (thank God... only happened on the same friggin' day as the Extreme Multiple Night Waking night :roll:  figures.)

Posting what I have been so busy doing... please... if you have not yet sent your Christmas cards and pics, I'd still love to have them!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #291 on: January 06, 2006, 18:02:37 pm »
2 more pages... still space for more pics, ladies!!!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Washington USA
« Reply #292 on: January 06, 2006, 18:04:09 pm »
Erin--it's Rebecca Stitton's Spelling...it's a list of the most commonly used words (high-frequency).  It just so happens that told and try were next to each other :)

OK, gotta go shuffle some papers or work or something. 

:)
Hannah

You know your addicted when....
you seriously considered showing a movie today so that you could catch up with your thread :)

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Washington USA
« Reply #293 on: January 06, 2006, 18:05:49 pm »
Ankie--that is absolutely wonderful!!!  You have inspired me...not only to get mine in a book but to send mine too  :oops:

Thanks!
H

Offline solnme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2006, 18:28:51 pm »
Ankie - OMG that looks fabulous!  I finally checked my mail yesterday after almost 2 weeks and picked up a stack more cards. Thank you everybody.

I've been LMAO all morning reading these pages.  I think the strange force affecting the lo's has spread to their Moms! :D Can't wait until chat tonight!

Nancy - Way to sleep Liv!  I'm also trying the toast thing this weekend.  Sol only has two teeth and  puked up big chunks of mango after being tossed around last night.  (oops)  Got to cut them smaller but we have no gag problem here.

So glad your enjoying your class Hannah.  I can live vicariously through all you teachers.  I think there are about 4 on this thread right?

Size wise Sol is in 12 - 18 mnths for pants (got the Bajan belly) and everything else 9 mnths and up.  Last weigh in he was 19lbs 10oz at 7 months.  He doesn't feel much heavier and actually looks like he's leaning out with all the moving he's been doing. 
Traci - He's doing laps too.  Sometimes crawling sometimes sitting up and spinning in one spot.  8) Too cute.

So I decided I'd extend Sol's A time again and watch for tired cues before putting him down for the am nap.  Well after 3.25 hrs and no signs of wearing himself out I put him down.  It was quiet almost instantly.  That's all I'm going to say about it. 

Time for breakfast!  See you later!
Roz

Sol  Enzo - Born April 29, 2005

Reese Ivana - Born June 4, 2007

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2006, 18:35:52 pm »
Hannah and Erin, gotta teaching question for you both (and any other teachers) with reading.  Do you favour phonics or sight reading?  I've heard the merits of both.  I'm not that clued up on how ours schools here go, but gather it might be more sight reading but have heard that can put kids at a disadvantage for actually learning to read unusual words - thoughts?  Hannah you mention high-frequency words, so I take it those are sight words? 

Bec, have a great holiday!

Judy, that is so funny with the dirty gina.  :lol:   Weightwise, Danielle's only just hitting 8kg (16lbs??), she's normal length and is just into 9-12mth clothes with baggy waists.

Michelle, go for it with finger food, I'm sure Holly will do fine.  Danielle even ate roasted carrot sticks last night which surprised me.  Actually her first finger food which I feel totally comfortable with were brocolli florets - and quite large and she'd just munch off a bite - I did tend to overcook them a bit though.  Yay, for Molly doing well at daycare.

Ankie, love the pics.

Hannah, re milk after weaning, I have different ideas on that, so not sure if you really want to know?  Anyway, I didn't offer milk to Nathan to drink, I just add it on cereal, lots of yoghurt, cottage cheese, cheese etc - give it as a replacement serving rather than in milk form (and this was actually ok'd by our well-child nurses but not many people feel comfortable doing this since it's breaking away from the norm  :wink: ).

Looks like there were a few good night sleepes out there!  We also had a good one from Danielle.  I heard her wake around 3.30am and chatted to herself for about 10mins and then before I know it I woke at 5am with an earthquake which fortunately didn't wake either of them (although Nathan had been up screaming about 3 times during the night still  :roll: ).

BBL

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2006, 19:29:07 pm »
An Earthquake Nikki???  Does that happen often??  You say it so casually!!  :shock:

Ankie: love the pages!!  I don't know how you find the time or the energy!!

Yeah for all the good sleeps!

Jackson is 19lbs 16oz at his 9 month checkup and I forget his height...he's short (only 10% are shorter then him  :roll: ).  He is generally in 9 month clothes and 9-12 month shoes.  I think size 4 shoes.  Although some of his tops are now 12 month size.  His head is gigantic...I think 4T  :roll:  for hat size.  It is 50cm around!  Hopefully lots of brains.  :wink:
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2006, 19:30:12 pm »
oh yeah,
and Jack drinks all his formula out of his Nuby bottles kindof a step down sippy cup and drinks all other liquids with a straw.
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2006, 20:34:34 pm »
oh yeah one more thing!

THANKS KAREN!!   I'm gonna try and make the recipes this weekend...and hopefully not burn down my house!  :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2006, 20:43:22 pm »
Micky, I absolutely LOATHE earthquakes - they scare the shi!t out of me!  It was only a little jiggly one though.  Unfortunately there is a fault line running right through this country and I've also chosen to live in the most prone areas.  :roll:  Never had anything too horrific though, just waiting for the "100yr disaster" they keep telling us about  :shock: .  In fact after it happened I went into mini panic mode wondering if my emergency survival kit was up to date - of course it wasn't as today is shopping day and the cupboards were empty.  And of course I live near the sea so always worry about tsunami's now...

Maybe I should live where Karen is (in fact I did for 8yrs) and was my happiest because they DON'T get earthquakes.