Author Topic: March/April '05 Thread #4  (Read 94510 times)

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
March/April '05 Thread #4
« Reply #780 on: January 19, 2006, 05:11:51 am »
YEAH ANKIE!!!!!!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!   :D   I hope you have the 'other' Arwyn back!  :D

judy: glad to hear your boob is feeling normal again!!

jo: YEAH!!!!  on finding a daycare you feel good about!  now you can breath a nice sigh of relief. :wink:

hayley: sounds relaxing!  :shock:   Standing naked in the bathroom by yourself for 5 mins covered in green gunk and then soaking in it. :shock:   You probably looked like a creature creeping out of the murky lagoon after! :wink:  :shock:

heather: welcome! and how is it going with henry?

Yesterday we had swim class.  It is at a bad time of day...right when jack usually goes down for his first nap.  :roll:   So by the time the class is over and I feed him he's been up for 4.5 hrs!!!!  :shock:   Anyways, after class yesterday, he was asleep in his carseat I think before I even started the car.  he slept for 2 hours (unheardof!!)- and then wouldn't go down for a second nap! :x   So he was up for 5.5 hrs before bed!!  :shock: But amazingly he was in good spirits most of the time....except for when one of the dogs backed up into him and bumped his head with their butt...he didn't enjoy that too much. :roll:
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

FrasersMum

« Reply #781 on: January 19, 2006, 05:21:37 am »
Quote (selected)
except for when one of the dogs backed up into him and bumped his head with their butt...he didn't enjoy that too much.

I LOL'd at this Micky - reminded me of just yesteday when Fraser, feeling a little precious all day  :roll: , knocked over the water bottle in the kitchen (plastic bottle, lid on, no drama etc).  Well, you'd have thought the world ended, the sobbing and the tears.  Ah, Fraser, your "touchy" is showing.   :roll:  :wink:

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #782 on: January 19, 2006, 07:02:53 am »
Hi girls

Oh phew, I'm glad my story didn't bore you all senseless.

Ankie - well done, yay, jumpting for joy, happy dance..... :D  :D  :D

Micky - I cracked up reading about Dog vs Baby, I know, Jack didn't think it was funny, I"m sorry for laughing - really  :wink: And great that he slept for so long.

Jo - that's great about day care, especially that she's just around the corner.

My good news for the day is DANIEL ATE DINNER BY HIMSELF WITHOUT CRYING! I fed him, so he didn't 'eat' by 'himself' but we didn't have to eat at the same time.  :D He had two normal sleeps again today (1.5h approx each) and woke from his second nap at 4.30pm. Well, I counted back the hours and thought because he last ate at 12.00, bottle 170mls at 1pm, surely he'll be hungry by now. So I brought the chair to the lounge (and when he saw it he smiled  :) ) then put some cheese, a sandwhich and a spare spoon infront of him, and proceeded to feed him some jarred food. Well, to my surpise and amazement he ate it all! No grizzles. Wasn't interested in the finger food, but that's fine. Oh, and I also put some milk into his sipper and gave him that as he ate. He took about 20 mls only. I was so relieved. Much easier than holding him off until 6pm and then trying to feed me and him. I think the reduction in milk intake is the key difference, HE'S HUNGRY.

Ok, enough from me, not sure if I'll have a chance to say hi in the morning, before I head south, so might not be back until Sunday.  :cry: I'll miss you girls. See you tomorrow Nikki  :D
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

FrasersMum

« Reply #783 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:54 am »
Hi Everyone

Just posting a quick message as a favour to Bec

Cryptic I know!!

Offline Carter'sMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2006, 13:56:55 pm »
Ah bloody heck!!!  Just as I am starting to post someone rings the doorbell, not once, not twice but THREE friggin times and it is only 8:30am!!!  Anyway my big attack dog took off for the front door (he has a really deep scary voice) and scared whoever it was away.  I imagine it was some politician person as the election is very soon (not sure when .. bad Canadian!!  :roll: )  I definitely wasn't going to answer it .. not showered .. no make-up ...  The dog did scare Carter though too so he started crying his little head off.  Everyone is better now though so on with the post!!!

Micky:  Funny story about the dog!!!  We have a lot of "dog-related" injuries here as well!  Carter loves teh dog so much that he always looks soooo upset when Boss does something that ends of scaring or hurting him!!

Ankie:  Yeah for Arwyn going down so well.  I hope that your night was great too!

Hayley:  Yeah for Daniel eating his food!  That must have made meal times alot less stressful for you!!

Jo:  Yeah for daycare!!!  There are lots of Yeah's this morning!!!  I hope I am as lucky as you and find somewhere soon!!!  I just finished my application for one place yesterday and have to mail it today.

As for the dishwasher!!!  I never had one growing up (I was the dishwasher) and neither did DH.  So, when we bought this house, it came with a dishwasher and it works great we just never use it.  I must admit I am not very good at loading it either  :oops:  :roll:   Whenever I ask DH if we can use it (as in can he load it??)  he just says he'll wash them instead.  Then I know he is giving me attitude so I say fine I will wash them and then I end up doing them. I can wash them better and quicker than he can.  We have used it maybe once a month in the three and a half years we have lived here. When we have more kids then I will definitely use it more.  As it is now I only have to wash dishes once a day (usually after dinner) and Dh says it is cheaper for me to wash them then to run the dishwasher  :roll:   I just got sick of arguing about it ...

Some bad news here ... my fancy-pantsy cat is sick AGAIN!!  I phoned my work to take him in today and he is booked for a possible PTS (put to sleep).  **  Warning this is going to be gross**  He started pooping on the floor the last week or so.  Usually on my bath mat (friggin cat!!) or on the tile floor.  Neither is that hard to clean up although the bath mat has been washed multiple times in the last week.  Anyway, DH HATES my cat and dog and is always giving me grief about having them.  He always says he will shoot them both (don't think he could actually do it though).  I know I am not making my DH out to sound like a very nice person ... he is really!!  He never had animals growing up and his dad is an avid hunter so he doesn't have a lot of respect for animals.  Anyway, my cat has had recurrent UTI's that won't go away partly because of his messed up genetics and I have a feeling he has another one or maybe even bladder stones which I cannot afford to do surgery for (even with my discount).  So ... if all the tests come back fine then it means he is pooping out of bad behavious (known for with his breed) and then I will have to put him to sleep.  Especially now that Carter is crawling.  Here's hoping that he has a simple bladder infection that I can try to fix with antibiotics.  I've only had him for 3 years (adopted from a shelter).  Dh had originally told me that I couldn't have any cats unless I could find one that was like a cat I housesat for.  So basically it had to be declawed, toothless, persian/himalayan with a pug face (pushed in face). He never thought I would find one but I did through my friends at the humane society!! 

Anyway, sorry so long .. just feeling pretty crappy about the whole cat thing.  I am very against euthanasia unless very sick so ...
Congrats if you made it to the end of this long vent/ramble session!!

Try and have a good day everyone!
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2006, 14:40:31 pm »
Oooh Ankie - can't wait to hear how your night went.  Hope it went well, sounded like a promising beginning. 

Jo - my daycare had about a gazillion questions on a form that I filled out, also we did an intake interview where they had a ton more, so I never actually wrote anything down for them.  I filled them in on Katie's wind down, but haven't asked them to do any sort of PU/PD since there are so many kids, just don't think they'd have the time for it.  Plus, it would probably wake the other kids up. 

Michelle - Katie fell asleep on the way home yesterday (about 3:45) transfered into her crib well and I woke her up at 5:30.  Bedtime was a tad bit later, but she slept great.  She's been there for four months now, you think the place would stop being so darn interesting, though she was in another room yesterday so that could have done it.

Cathy - hope the cat turns out ok.  We're seriously considering having my one cat declawed as she is not so nice and we're worried about Katie getting scratched.  She's almost 10 though, so I would feel rather badly about it; however, the alternative may be to get rid of her.  We'll see how it goes.  Welcome to the world of mobility!  Gets a little crazy!

Judy - glad the boob is better and didn't turn into anything worse. 

Hayley - yeah for dinnertime!  Have a great trip and take pictures. Wow, I'm jealous that you get to meet other moms.  I think Traci is my closest mom and she's probably an 8-9 hour car ride away.  Oh, and your story made me laugh too.  It's just funny to think of you all covered in this stuff, saying "OK, now what?"....

Nikki - yeah for Danielle and her mobility too!

Micky - poor Jack, getting run over by the dog!  We've had the days too where first nap gets completely delayed, second nap long, only one nap - tend to be rough days - sometimes I think she's ready for just one nap and then we have a day like that and I realize the one nap days are not quite here yet.

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2006, 16:03:35 pm »
hi girls!

erin: He didn't even get run over by the dog.  :roll:   That's what makes it so funny...well funny for me....not so much for him.  The dog was at his water bowl and was backing up from it and Jack was sitting right behind him and got a bum in the face.  :lol:  :lol:    :roll:   he didn't get knocked over or anything!!!  Such a sensitive sweety.  :D  I enjoyed giving him cuddles anyhoo.

Hayley: Have FUN!!!!!  say hi to Nikki and karen!!  Where the heck is Karen????

Cathy: I hope your cat turns out ok.  I had a similar problem with one of my cats.  I had him for his whole life tho (11 yrs) and did EVERYTHING to try and fix his litterbox problem.  He had off and on issues with the litterbox for 7 years!!!!! :roll:  :shock:   I finally had to put him to sleep before Jackson came along because he wasn't getting any better and the vet and I worked thru every possibility of getting him to use his litterbox again.  :(   I felt awful having to make that decision and mourned him alot but now it is sooooo much easier not having to worry if Jack is going to crawl into something or put something in his mouth he shouldn't be!!!   :shock:  EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!  And it is also a lot less work!!!!
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #787 on: January 19, 2006, 16:11:39 pm »
Hi, everyone.  Would you like to start a new thread since you have 82 pages?  I'll check back in a bit and make sure that's okay with everyone.
Thanks!
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
« Reply #788 on: January 19, 2006, 16:28:45 pm »
We could definitely start a new thread...but, to us, 82 pages is just a Baby Thread.   :lol:   Who's going to start it this time?  Hmmmmm...stay tuned! 

Yeah for Jo!  I knew a great solution would fall into your lap.  I wrote a 5 page letter for babysitters and my in-laws who watch Ryan 2 am's a week.  Was mercilessly ridiculed for it, but I wanted everyone to know what they needed to do.  I saved it to my computer and just change it as things change, i.e. eating solids, crawling, taking care of his helmet (back in the day).  I've been meaning to update it again, so I'll pm it to you after that.  Not the same as Hannah's more detailed one, I'm sure, but maybe it can get you started. 

Yeah for Ankie, too!  Can't wait to hear an update! 

Boo for Hayley, Nikki, and Karen.  Okay, that was just my jealousy talking.  Have so much fun and I second the taking pictures comment!

Well, the Picky Eater has returned.  Didn't want to eat the turkey patties.   :(   He doesn't seem to like warm food  :?  so I think I need to offer it more often.  Also, I broke it up into teeny tiny pieces instead of giving him the whole thing.  Will try that today.  Dh and I ate them too and they were really good.  So cute to see the baby sized ones next to our big ones (although dh said they reminded him of White Castles (really gross and small burgers for those who have never had Sliders...called Sliders b/c they slide right through ya!   :lol: )  b/c they were so small.   :roll:   (Not b/c of the taste!)  I always forget that burgers shrink when you fry them.  Again, not that best cook!   :lol: ).  [That may be a record for the most parentheses used in a sentence!]   :roll:
Kate,

Offline Henrysmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Good Morning and Thanks
« Reply #789 on: January 19, 2006, 16:35:28 pm »
So, we did wake to sleep last night.  I went in at midnight and found Henry asleep on his belly.  As a good paranoid parent, I worried while I flipped him over, but he seemed to have been happy as a clam.  He made a bit of noise at 5:30, but put himself back to sleep fairly quickly, and then he slept until 7:00.  Very nice!  So, I guess we'll do this again tonight.  It was also nice for me to know that he could fall asleep on his belly if he wanted to.  Thanks to all of you for the reminders and words of encouragement.

I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one suffering from the no sleep signs.  When Henry was really little it was quite obvious when he was tired, he would just start to fall asleep wherever he was.  For awhile now it's been the eye rubbing, but I don't always get that anymore.  I thought I might just be paying less attention or something.  I guess I'll look for whatever the next signal is.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for another success tonight.

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
« Reply #790 on: January 19, 2006, 17:54:02 pm »
Yeah Heather!!!

Good to hear that W2S worked for you and Henry!  :)  I'll do the anti-jinx dance for you!  :lol:  :D
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
« Reply #791 on: January 19, 2006, 18:56:02 pm »
HI Ladies.  quick post because it's time to shower and Taylor is due to wake up from nap #1 soon.

Anki-Words cannot say how happy I am for you guys and the progress you've made!  Yay!!!   :D   :D

Judy-glad the boobs are doing well again

Hayley-I thought your bath story was funny!   :lol:  Also, I can't remember the clean up song as it was just our first day, but after next Tuesday i'll pay better attention and then sing it all back to you guys!

Jo-Yay on finding daycare!

Traci-how are you hangin in there?

Okay, gotta run.  sorry so brief

Oh ya!  I meant to come on here originally to say the W2S thing has worked!!  2 more days of sleeping past 7!  Yay!   :D  :D  :D
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline kq

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Auckland, NZ
« Reply #792 on: January 19, 2006, 20:13:51 pm »
Hi all,
Missed you all!!!! :(  Had to work the weekend...and that coincided with the last of our visitors leaving. We have had a stream of visitors since Christmas and they finally all left on the 15th. They have been staying here but we have quite a roomy house so it was not too bad although Sam definitely slept much better when they were away seeing the country. Had to take them out to dinner for their last night here and mum babysat. She arrived just on bedtime and Sam got so darn excited that he did not get to sleep till 8.30pm and was overtired! Woke at 4 am and we have had a few days with 4 am wakings and trying to get him back to bed while working was a bit of a mission. To cut a long story short, have been lurking but too tired to string  sentence together. Have not taken notes so I am sorry if I miss anyone out!

Heather-welcome! Congrats on w2S success! That goes for you too Andrea and I might have to come to you for advice if this 4 am waking continues.

Hayley-LOL on green muck!  :lol: Looking forward to seeing you. Let me know when you get here and we will organise something.

Micky-LOL on the butt in face story :lol:  :lol: Priceless!

Judy-hope the boob problem resolves completely

Ankie and Arwyn-well done!! Hope your night went well after that.

Cathy-sorry about having to decide on your cat. That is the reason I don't have pets, I could not bear to have to make that decision. I don't envy you.

Jo-Yay for daycare!

That is all I can remember. Q-when you give finger foods and also want to spoon in stuff when do you give the finger foods ie with the meal or before or after? I find that if I give it with the meal, Sam will not eat anything I spoon in but it takes him so long to it a miniscule amount and he is hungry afterwards. It is almost as if he gets bored with eating and wants to play only to find he is still hungry after a few minutes of play. I will try after. He is not good enough at finger foods to take enough. Ideas anyone?

Traci-hang in there and we are praying and thinking about you. I second Judy about remembering to look after yourself.

Sorry for long post.
Karen
Karen

Offline albertasweetpea

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
Re: March/April '05 Thread #4
« Reply #793 on: January 20, 2006, 19:47:09 pm »
Hey all. I started a new thread, one of the Mods suggested it so I figured why the heck not?? We are on Thread #5!! What a bunch of Yappy Mommies! [/font][/color]
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag