Author Topic: March/April '05 Thread #4  (Read 94560 times)

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

March/April '05 Thread #4
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2006, 00:35:44 am »
Karen, it's not often that Danielle makes it as far as 5am for a feed, usually it's between 2-4am and I only ever feed one side and actually take her off after a couple of minutes if she'll let me (sometimes before my letdown has even happened), usually she'll give out a quick howl but then stops (I think she knows that won't work  :wink: ), she really doesn't need the food.  :?  she goes back down to sleep wide awake too, so I have no idea... Since this morning's feed was 5am I did the few minutes and popped her back into bed and she went down fine.  If it were to coincide with Nathan being awake there is no way she'd resettle though.  Interesting, because I knew with the two previous times she just needed readjusting.  Oh, and I refed fully at 6am because she was grumpy, but if she'd woken at 6 and lastest until 7am for a feed I would have let her guide me.

Ok, so Danielle has been grizzly today (teething I think), Nathan decided to take it on himself to tell her that "you're hurting my ears" - um, that's obviously another mummy favourite saying when he's screaming!? :roll:   This little girl doesn't actually hurt my ears (YET!).  :lol:

He's just coming out with the craziest things at the moment.

Offline kate585

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2006, 02:25:27 am »
Hey, there!  Hope you all had a great New Year's. 

Way to go Riley and Maisie!  We are jealous of Cole's teeth over here.  (Still no movement on that dumb half tooth.  WTF?   :? ) 
:lol:  at Nathan's "bloody fly." 
Bec, I know this was a long time ago, but that Santa picture was priceless.  You are so not a mean mom for laughing about it. She'll think it's hilarious when she's older.  And, if you get the "ellen degeneres show" there, she did a big contest of bad santa photos this year.  I'm SURE Halle would make it next year.  :D

We had a blast at our friend's for NYE.  Just several couples hanging out.  We played Boys vs Girls Taboo (a really fun game where you try to get your team to guess a word without saying certain words).  After 2 games, it was one game for each team, so we decided to do the tie breaker with a danceoff.   :lol:   The hostess had received one of those Dance Dance Revolution things for Christmas.  It was so hilarious...and actually a bit harder than I thought.  We did this for about an hour and a half, since it was too funny to watch these guys with no rhythm.    Dh actually beat me 3 out of 4 times!  :oops:  I couldn't believe it!  Anyway, got home at 2:15 am!   :shock:   Luckily, Ryan had been good for my mom and slept in until 8, but still, less than 6 hours of sleep is not nearly enough for these old bones! 
 :?: Is anyone's lo's getting really clingy/whiney(whingy)?  Ryan is about to drive us all batty, but we know he's probably in pain due to teeth/suffering from his cold/overstimulated with the extra people and toys around since Christmas.  Today, he cried whenever I left the room.   :?   Luckily, he is easily distracted, but what will I do when my mom goes back tomorrow and dh returns to work?  Yikes!
Kate,

Offline Jayri

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2006, 02:59:33 am »
just had a quick thought, my california geograpy is crap, but I was watching the news and it was talking aboutflodding there......
Andrea and Macaire, I hope it is all safe with you there.......
Seee you fine ladies in the morning.
Naomi mum to ds 17.06.03 and dd 26.03.05
&dh together since 23.02.01
[img=http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/158880.png]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/158880.png[/img]

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img=http://www.snu

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2006, 03:51:27 am »
hi girls!

I just got puked on again! :roll:  :?   We are currently trying to wean Jack off his reflux meds but I'm not sure if that is the culprit.  In the airport when he puked on me it seemed to come out of nowwhere like it was a burp followed by a ton of puke! :shock:   But tonight he settled fine to go to sleep but not even 10 sec after I left the room he started SCREAMING!  Which is very out of character for him.  And after trying to settle him with pu/pd for about 5 min (or less) he puked all over himself, the crib, the floor, and me. :?  :(  Poor peanut!  I don't know which caused which....did the crying cause the puking or did the reflux/puking cause the crying?  He was crying super hard too. :(  He was still a little upset after puking even after I turned on the lights, cleaned him off, changed the sheets, cleaned the crib, the floor, got him a new change of clothes, new sheets for the crib, and finally cleaned myself off.  Then he finally calmed down once i got him all bundled and gave him his lovey back (a new clean one  :wink: )and started giving him cuddles.  He drifted off almost as soon as I put in the crib.....so I'm thinking that it was a bit of reflux that started this whole fiasco....but not 100% convinced.  :?
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!

Offline kate585

• Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2006, 03:57:58 am »
:cry: Poor Jack and Micky!  So sorry about your incident.  Guess you shouldn't have written that about his good sleep.  That might be the worst case of BW jinxing ever!   :)   (You KNOW I've just triple jinxed myself for that attempted joke!)
Kate,

Offline JKHH

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2006, 04:17:46 am »
Hello.

My name is Janet. My daughter Kay has been on EASY since she was 2 months old. She was due on April 28 but was born on May 4.

I peek in on your thread sometimes to see what to expect re: milestones etc.

I would like to post a response to Cathy who wrote... 
"I am currently trying to get Carter down to 2 bf's a day by introducing hypo allergenic formula and he is having none of it. I guess I will have to try another kind ... any suggestions?"

I did some research before picking a formula for Kay when I went back to work in November. I recommend a website http://www.drgreene.com. I went on a live chat with Dr. Greene to help determine which formula to pick because Kay had a milk protein intolerance. Dr. Greene was very helpful and knowledgeable. He has a specialty in infant allergies.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Janet

Mom to (Kay) Kathleen Elizabeth
Born May 4, 2005 - a Textbook/Spirited Baby

(Abby) Abigail Christina
Born November 4, 2007 - a Textbook Baby

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2006, 05:06:37 am »
:cry:  Micky, that sounds awful, poor wee Jack!

Just have to share a quick story - DH was down in our bedroom with Danielle for about 10mins, he came back with her and I asked him what he was doing "oh I was just combing her hair" LMAO.  She's got a little "do" ATM. :lol:

Offline sophieandhannah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Washington USA
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2006, 06:24:43 am »
Oh Micky.  I am so sorry.  Hope your night goes better.

Nikki so cute about dh and danielle. 

Janet, your lo has the exact same first and middle name as my sister! :)  Welcome!

Hannah

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2006, 06:59:37 am »
Hi there. Looks like everyone is creeping back and life on our site is getting busier again. Yay, I love reading about what everyone's been up to.

Micky, my guess is it was the reflux causing the screaming. I'm sure you do already, but have you got Jack's cot on an angle? It seems to help here and Daniel's basically grown out of his reflux. Still helps for sleeps though.

Kate, Daniel's getting a little that way too. Mostly in the afternoon though, or at the end of his awake time. Now that he's crawling though, at least he can follow me around the house. Although when there's tears he's normally sitting in one spot until DH or I go to him. And yes, distraction then works.

Nikki, I hope you got a photo of the 'do'. Just to think in years to come you'll be paying truckloads to get her hair done for school balls. I don't think Danielle will let daddy do her hair then! :wink:

Daniel didn't want my cooking again today for lunch or dinner. But would eat the jarred stuff. I tried giving him carots and co@ktail sausages as finger food and he didn't want those. We waited until 5pm for dinner but that made no difference either. So I cooked some kumara tonight and have pureed it, we'll try that tomorrow, take him back to basics and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'm at a loss. Actually I'm going to try some of Karen's recipes then if they don't work I guess I'll go and buy shares in Watties as we'll be buying a lot of it, so may as well make the most of my investment into the company.  :roll: I just don't understand what's going on. :oops:  :?:  :cry:

Happy sleeps everyone.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2006, 07:04:02 am »
Hayley, have you tried mixing some of the Watties with your homemade?   For ages I had to add pears to Nathan's regular food (probably close to a year old) to get it into him (I refused to buy canned meals, only fruit), then just reduced the amount of pears added.

FrasersMum

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2006, 07:06:13 am »
Hi girls

Well I am back from my holiday, feeling relaxed and refreshed (well, kind of  :D ) and I have just spent a solid 2+ hours reading everything that has been posted during my "week off" (only this thread  :lol:)  My, you have all been busy.

So now I don't have time to post a long post - and I have a really cranky little boy just woken up from his nap on the wrong side of his cot  :roll:  - so I'd better go and pay attention to him - but I just wanted to pop on and say hi, I've missed you all and I'll fill you in on our week at the beach as soon as I can.

Cheers!
Jo

• BW Devotee
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2006, 07:31:03 am »
Nikki - yes tried that, it works if it's majority jarred food. IE he can't taste mine!

I've been reading a few other food posts and one mentioned not offering too many choices if they don't like what you offer not to give them anything. I felt that was a bit 'tough' and he would then be hungry and upset. I'd rather him eat something than nothing. What do you girls think?

Welcome back from your holiday Jo.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2006, 07:46:47 am »
Quote (selected)
one mentioned not offering too many choices if they don't like what you offer not to give them anything. I felt that was a bit 'tough' and he would then be hungry and upset. I'd rather him eat something than nothing

I agree with not offering too many choices.  Nathan was like this and I found if I put maybe one or two pieces of finger foods on the tray at once he'd be more likely to eat it than if I put 3 different types and the whole amount I had prepared.  He is probably coming into an age of being a bit more discerning about what he likes.  I take it, that it's food that he's been eating all along, yep I found it like that, very strange, but you can't force these things.

But as far as not offering anything else if they don't eat - no I don't like that tactic personally.  I found the Tracy's advice of not making a big deal of it the best route.  Yes I've had a picky eater until he hit age 2, but now he'll eat just about everything I offer.  It did mean I had to be more creative, he didn't eat many regular family type meals (which wasn't really a problem anyway since DH was home too late generally to eat as a family anyway).  I wouldn't stress over making it an issue, he will eat.  Perhaps offer dinner at 5pm like you tried, if he's not interested what happens if you just don't make a big deal of it, remove him from the table, go play and then pop him back up there another 1/2 hr later and try again?  This may sound strange, but if you're mostly worried about him having a balanced diet, how about offering dinner for breakfast?  I've done this through certain phases and even now Nathan often gets dinner for lunch.

Perhaps it's the texture he's not liking?  Is the shop stuff smoother and blander?

Any of that useful?  :lol:

Welcome back Jo!  Look forward to hearing how Fraser went away from home and how you survived your holiday.  :D

• BW Devotee
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2006, 07:53:14 am »
The only thing that was different was I added potato, which I personally haven't given him, but it's in other bought stuff, and it was mashed not pureed. So I'm wondering if it's one or both of these things. I know he's hungry at this time as he'll eat other food. Today and yesterday after eating a 120gm tin of food he was grizzly afterwards and then consumed a tin of custard too!

His lunch and dinner are usually both veges/meat. Is that what he should be having for both, or would something like a yoghurt or cheese on toast suffice for lunch? I guess we don't have veges and meat for lunch, so maybe he doesn't need to either. What do you others do??
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2006, 08:01:21 am »
I so need to go and tidy my house before bed....

I just think of meals similar to what we have.  So breakfast is cereal and banana and maybe some toast; lunch might be cheese on toast, yoghurt and some fruit (puree stirred into her yoghurt) or maybe a peach slice sliced really thinly; dinner meat and veg and fruit.  I do try and balance the protein, carbs and fats though in equal proportions - I'm not anal about it, but I just roughly think of something from each group.  Proteins are really good for long lasting energy.

Edited to add: I also do quite a bit of avocado at lunchtime if we've got one around and cut it into chunks for her or mash it into baby rice, banana is another good one to mash it into.