Author Topic: Early Waking and still 2 naps  (Read 1186 times)

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Early Waking and still 2 naps
« on: December 30, 2005, 14:38:13 pm »
Hi I'm looking for some help.  My twins will be 18 months next week and they are still waking early (530am) and taking 2 naps most days.  I try to keep them up in the mornings but it is so difficult.  They want to take a nap at 900am and will sleep for 2 hours and then I have to put them down in the afternoon for a 45 minute nap. They wake up from the 2nd nap grumpy!!! They usually go to bed anywhere between 700-745pm and then up at 530am.  My question is should I wake them from the morning nap after 1 hour? How do I get off this schedule?  Any help would be appreciated.   :D
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 17:55:37 pm »
You could start to limit their morning nap to just an hour.  I did this with my ds when we started having problems with his pm nap.  Or, you could start transitioning them to one nap.  When they get tired at 9 try giving them a snack to give them more energy, and then you could put them down for the one nap at 11 or so, and gradually push the time back bit by bit over the course of a couple weeks.

Hope this helps a bit!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 20:20:07 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply.  I cut their morning nap to 1 hour... 915-1015am.  I put them down for the afternoon nap at 230pm so hopefully they will sleep past 45 minutes.  We were on 1 nap for about 1 month and then they started cutting molars.  Things have been crazy since.    :cry:    I just keep telling myself this will pass! 
Thanks again & Happy New Year!
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04