Author Topic: gulping sound at feeds  (Read 1354 times)

Offline NO.1bug

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 30, 2005, 18:26:02 pm »
My daughter is 6 weeks today. She is feeding roughly every 2.5 to 3 hours although it varies. She seems to be gulping and making alot of noise at feeds. I know my flow is quite fast as it literally spurts out. She has alot of wind, (which i think is adversely affecting her sleep) and i find difficult to get many burps out of her. Is there anything i can do to make it better for her?

S

Wilsmon

gulping sound at feeds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 19:17:58 pm »
I had an active let down also and it helped a little for me to lie back more to slow the flow down and help ds not gulp so much and therefore, swallow air.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
gulping sound at feeds
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 00:40:39 am »
When you feel your milk let down, you can spray it into a cloth diaper or small towel. Latch her back on when it is done spraying.

Most babies get used to and eventually demand that strong let down. It just takes a while.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
gulping sound at feeds
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 20:18:30 pm »
My DS used gulp down air and make so much noise whilst he nursed I used to be embarrsed to nurse him in public  :oops: I used to let the excess milk run off into a cup then freeze it as once the enitial let down had passed DS coped much better. Also, have you tried any meds to help relieve her wind?

Nome
X
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Offline Glynis

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
gulping sound at feeds
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 20:42:43 pm »
I have the same thing with my guy.  I burp & burp him but sometimes he'll wake up screaming & sure enough a minute later he burps.  The one thing that sounds funny but helped is in the BW book, Tracy says to run your hand up (only) the left side of the baby's back.  Believe it or not, this has helped get more burps out of Samuel.  And I make sure I stand to burp him so his feet are hanging down & he's straight up.
Mom to Samuel born Aug 17, 2005
& big brother Brett July 11, 1993