Author Topic: Loves the crib too much??!!  (Read 1112 times)

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: December 31, 2005, 00:00:25 am »
I'm not sure if this is the right area for this post - feel free to move it if it belongs elsewhere...

My dd tends to wake up quite happy - squealing/shrieking/talking to herself - which is great!  If she wakes up early from a nap, I'll leave her in there awhile to play on her own until it's closer to the time to eat.  She'll be happy when I go in the room, looks happy to see me, but then when I pick her up she instantly starts crying.   :(

Any ideas on why this is - it's happening more & more lately.  My only thoughts are 1) she knows when I pick her up it's time to eat & is becoming very impatient or 2) she's happier in the crib than with me!  :shock:

Anyone else's babies do this?  Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone has!!!
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

Offline Kitsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Loves the crib too much??!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 00:24:53 am »
My little boy (around the same age as your lo) gets very impatient when it is time to eat.  If he is busy doing something when it is time to eat, he seems real happy until I either say, "time to eat" or pick him up.  Then it is fussy time.

I think that he is just so involved with his trying to move and crawl and manipulate things that he doesn't notice that he is hungry until he is reminded that it is time to eat.

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Loves the crib too much??!!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 04:51:27 am »
Gage loooooves his crib too. It is so weird! He would love to be in there all day ( I wont let him though). I think it is good that they love their crib and feel secure to be left alone in there. Also my son gets antsy when he thinks it is time to eat. I think that is good too because that means he knows what comes next and that they know their routine which is part of security. I think you have done a great job! :D

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 15:55:34 pm »
Thanks - it's good to know my baby isn't the only one!  I'll assume she just knows it's time to eat & isn't sad for me to pick her up.  :)
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)