Author Topic: Night \ Early Morning Waking Up - HELP  (Read 994 times)

Adee

Night \ Early Morning Waking Up - HELP
« on: December 31, 2005, 20:24:46 pm »
I was reading through this area and saw that someone is having the same issues as I am. My daughter is 4 1\2 months old. She was sleeping from 8PM to about 4 or 5AM, but we figured that at this age she really didn't need to be waking up at these hours, so we started doing the dream feeds as recomended in the book.

The first night she woke up at 7AM which we thought we striked a homerun, but now she is still waking up at 4 or 5am screaming for food. After doing the pacifier a few times, I broke down last night and gave her a bottle. She ate only 3 Oz. and went back to sleep and woke up again at 7AM.

We are not sure what to do and how do we determine if she is waking up out of hunger or habbit? Has anyone else experienced any of thse symptoms?

Offline Glynis

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 22:34:41 pm »
I can relate though I have no answers.  My 4 1/2 month old is doing that, as well.  He'd been sleeping 10 til 4, now is down at 8 but up at midnight, 3, 4... you name it.  Sometimes he is hungry & will eat, other times, he nips & falls back to sleep.  I would think if your babe is going til 4 or 5, that's good, I'd feed.  I'm using the thinking that if it's been 4 hours or so, he could be hungry so I'll feed (& make sure he eats!) because I don't know if he is or not (though as a mom I know I'm supposed to know his cries.. I don't).  If it's been an hour or 2, we're going to do pu/pd.  Started last night.  Wish us luck, ugh.
Mom to Samuel born Aug 17, 2005
& big brother Brett July 11, 1993

Offline Mommy in Moose Jaw

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:17:08 am »
We had the same prob.  I replied under post you mentioned, with more detail (we've had some success).  I agree with holding of feeding until the 4 hour mark at least, then if lo still doesn't take much, go back to pu/pd and you know the next night that is not what it is.