Author Topic: 8.5month won't eat home cooking, only jars!  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
8.5month won't eat home cooking, only jars!
« on: December 31, 2005, 23:49:53 pm »
Daniel's not interested in my home made cooking and will only eat tinned/jarred food. What do I do?

Originally it was mostly all my own pureed veges with the odd tin, then as things got busier and Christmas came along and I'd run out of veges I started using more jars. Also, I couldn't get my head around doing meat for him, so the prepared stuff was good. But now he just won't eat what I cook. I've tried pureeing, as well as having more chunky, as he eats more chunky jarred stuff, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Previously he loved apricot chicken I made and now he won't touch it. He's not really into finger food that much, but I'm trying to give him more to try, he managed some bananas today. It's not a teething issue as he'll eat bought stuff. HELP. Any ideas appreciated.

Also, if I do the finger food for veges how is it best to cook them, and how do I know how much is enough. If he'll eat yoghurt or custard after f/food does that mean he hasn't eaten enough, or is that like me and desert I can always fit it in?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline branwen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 02:36:16 am »
I had this issue as well...and well, we still do a bit.  What I can tell you is that now my dd is majorly into finger foods.  For her now the spoon is a bother.  I think it depends on your lo and interest.  I know from experience with my dd that I cannot rush her with anything.  But that being said I have always offered finger foods from 7 months.  There is always something for her to eat if she wants it, and it is not jarred or canned.  It also helped her to see me eating stuff.  I would and still do always eat at least a little bit of what she eats.
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 08:37:43 am »
Thanks Branwen. I did have a breakthru today, I made pureed kumara again and he seemed to happily take this. I gave him some kumara with cottage cheese and ate it all. I try to make sure he's got something to eat himself, although he doesn't eat much of it. I'm trying to add to his finger food repertoire though.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand