Author Topic: Feeding Amount, ( 9 month old boy)  (Read 1462 times)

Offline mere&braden

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Feeding Amount, ( 9 month old boy)
« on: January 01, 2006, 03:27:49 am »
Can anyone tell me the amount for formula, solids, and snacks a 9 month old boy should have?  Braden 25 lbs and 30.5 inches.  He's in the 97% for his height, weight, and head size.  Needless too say he's going to be very tall.  Runs in my family.  We don't grow them less than 6'8". 

I'm looking for suggestions to see if he's eating too much or too less.
We have one night waking usually about 230-3am for a 4oz bottle that has become really a habit.  We are limited to some foods due to his egg allergy.  But we are finding creative things to feed him.  He currently is mostly eating stage 2 foods, some table food, and some stage 3 foods.
Not really into juice for some reason.

Any suggestions to what others are feeding would be great.

Thanks,
Meredith
Meredith

Offline Paulsmama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:33:43 am »
DS is 9 mos/22.5 lbs and I'm curious to hear what others are eating too.  Right now he is having about 28-30 oz formula per day, ~2T cereal, ~10 oz veg/fruit and ~2 oz yogurt.  We are just starting meats.  He has barely any finger foods -- mostly gags and vomits on them.
Cynthia

Paul--spirited/March 2005
Joseph--touchy-textbook??/Sept 2006

Offline Little Bear's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • Daniel's birthday is 11 April 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 09:02:32 am »
Hi, my son is 8.5 months and not sure on weight in pds but about 9.5kg, 72cm approx. He has 3 bottles per day (2 x 220mls, 1 x 280mls), plus 60mls formula with his cereal for breakfast (2tblspn of cereal + 2 tspn yoghurt). Lunch and dinner is about 120gms if bought food or 3 cubes of home made per meal. Seems to need a little extra sometimes after dinner and giving him some custard. Oh I also give Daniel some fresh fruit at lunch. And he drinks about 100mls water throughout the day from a sipper cup.

Hope that helps.
Hayley
Ohakea, New Zealand

Offline anna and adam

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 14:16:14 pm »
My son is nearly 9 months now, 9,5 kg when we last checked a few weeks ago. I breast feed him four times a day and give him three large solid meals every day. He has recently started on finger foods in a big way, loves to feed himself soft ovencooked fingers of minced chicken and apple, mini pizzas made from wholemeal toast topped with pureed tomato, herbs and cheese. Bolognaise sauce, anything mixed with greek yoghurt and lots of oatmeal porridge with blueberries and or banana, apple, raisins... I let him eat as much solids as he will take, until he is just playing with the food and I always try more than one thing at each meal, usually a few things - a puree, some fingerfood and some bread. He eats better than anyone else in the family!