Poll

does your toddler wake during night, wanting to sleep with parents.

yes reguarly, on occasions,
4 (33.3%)
no never
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 01, 2006, 16:50:25 pm

Author Topic: toddler waking during night.  (Read 1130 times)

Offline marilyn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
toddler waking during night.
« on: January 01, 2006, 16:50:25 pm »
hello my son of 34 mths, is now waking up during night several times and wanting to come into our bed, have tried putting him back in his room, patting him back off to sleep which works for short time until he wakes again, myself and partner work full time and are often so tired we dont actually realise he is in bed with us until the morning when we awake. desperatly need advice on how to beat this habit as this has been going on for almost three months now, on occasions he has slept right through in his own bed and we have given him praise to show him that we are proud and pleased but sure enough following night the awakenings reoccur and we are back to square one! anyone ?
would be so grateful x

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 16:55:51 pm »
I said never because even though Ewan does wake from time to time he never asks to come to our bed.  We always go to him and when he is calm we leave the room.

Not sure how you can beat this one though.

Offline Tamara

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 22:47:02 pm »
I voted yes - seems to be qutie often these days.

Luckily she shouts for Dad  :wink: so he's up and dealt with it before i'm aware she's awake mostly!!!

Ususally for silly things like a drink of milk (have put a stop to that now!!!) or she's lost her dummy (which is usually either in her hand or under her ear!!  :evil: )

She 99% of the time goes straight back to sleep.

Dunno how to stop her waking though  :roll:

Offline rach

• Showing Appreciation 322
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 00:52:52 am »
I voted yes.  This has only started recently and it is driving me mad, each time when she wakes she points towards our bedroom and asks to come and sleep in our bed.  We are having a real battle with her at the moment to get over this - she is soooooooo determined and will stand up in her cot and shout us for ages and ages.

Its getting soooo annoying, like I said, this is only a recent thing - she has always been such a good sleeper, settles well on their own (still does), but not during the night. 

As always its a relief to know that we're not alone on this one.  In the middle of the night it always feels like you're the only one going through it.
Rach xx