Author Topic: Waking up "talking"....  (Read 1048 times)

Offline cam621

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up "talking"....
« on: January 12, 2006, 16:40:30 pm »
I have an almost 7 month dd who just started sleeping through the night (that is, not waking up for a bottle).  But she also just started to wake up "talking" at around 2:30-3:30am.  She isn't upset as she isn't crying at all, and I can tell she isn't hungry because she USED to cry when waking up, but doesn't at all now.  She is fed more during the day now (we solved that problem).  So not sure if I should even do anything besides checking to see if she is ok...Should I let her "talk it out"?  Last night, she woke up at around 2:30 and talked until 3:30 and the whole time I let her talk until she fell back asleep.  Was that ok??  Not sure how to handle this...Just curious.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Waking up "talking"....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 17:24:03 pm »
I think you handle it just the right way :) If she's not fussing or crying then she's probably fine. Especially if she managed to get herself back to sleep. It might keep you up, which kind of sucks, but maybe she'll stop doing it if she's left alone.
Kimberly

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Waking up "talking"....
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 18:06:22 pm »
We go through phases with this. I agree with not going in unless they get distressed. Now dd talks some nights to put herself to sleep and she always wakes up in the morning chatting away for about 20 minutes before she calls us.  :D I think it's pretty common...

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jenn©

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Waking up "talking"....
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 23:15:15 pm »
Mine does that too.  She only cries to eat if starving, but will take a full bottle most nights.  We still feed her when she wakes as she is tiny for her chronological age.  She wakes up talking from naps as well, and lets us know when she is ready to get up with a mild fuss.  Sure beats screaming!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.