Author Topic: Wakes up in Morning and from Naps screaming!  (Read 961 times)

Offline duffers

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Wakes up in Morning and from Naps screaming!
« on: January 06, 2006, 19:42:03 pm »
My DS is 9 months old and has a good sleep pattern generally - sleeps 7:30-6:40 most nights, occasionally wakes once in the night if he can't find a soother (only used at night), and has two good 1.25 hour naps in the day, sometimes longer.  He used to wake up and just chat a bit and after 15-20 mins would get bored and start to cry out at which point we would go in.  Lately he has started waking up in the morning and from naps absolutely screaming. While it is easy to say it is the soother, sometimes I will go in and find him standing in his crib screaming through the soother, which leads me to believe there is more going on.

I have started to try to introduce a lovey to help in the case that it is separation anxiety, but otherwise I am not sure what to do. I am reluctant to get rid of the soother as the rest of the sleeping pattern is so good.  I have to admit I have it pretty good with his sleeping, I just wish I could help him wake up happier - he is usually a really happy, textbook/spirited baby! Any ideas would be great!  Thanks
Duffers

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wakes up in Morning and from Naps screaming!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 05:48:49 am »
I think it may be part separation anxiety, or it may just be the fact that some babies/children/adults just wake up "unhappy" & that is how they are.

I  don't think it is the soother if he is sleeping that well, I actually think it is the "spirited toddler" coming out in him (welcome to my world  :lol: ) He wants to start his day & he wants to start it NOW. My ds #1 did that for a few months & then when he could talk it became "mummy, mummy, MUMMY MUMMY...." until he moved into a bed & now he can turn on the light & read books until his "timer light" goes off & he can come into our room, but I had the screams on off for over a year.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05