Author Topic: Hypoallergenic formula  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Shdef

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 419
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:17:20 am »
The hospital my wee boy was born in and the pediatrician suggested, that I eclusevely breastfeed him for 6 months (and one day).

Because I had awful complications 6 weeks after he was born I had to take medicine and stop breastfeeding. I got a pump from the chemist on prescription but I coulnd't express ANY milk.

So after two weeks I tried to latch him back on but he wouldn't take the breast at all anymore...

I started to feed him hypoallergenic formula (suggested by the ped). It is still based on cow milk, like all the others but the protein is split into smaller parts so that the body wouldn't recognise it as an enemy and develop allergy.

Has anybody else experience with that kind of milk?

The brand is called Hipp HA1

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Hypoallergenic formula
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 13:34:31 pm »
Hi there

We are using elemental formula which does not have any cows milk in at all but there are lots of other mums on here who do you hypoallergenic formula if they do not breastfeed and have allergy problems.

No doubt someone else will post their experience with hypoallergenic formula.

hth
Sara

s_olano00

Hypoallergenic formula
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 23:02:10 pm »
Hi,

We use Beba HA Start from Nestlé since AK is maybe 3 months old.... I don't remember exactly  :oops:

Never had any issue, no allergic reaction, nothing...

Is there anything in specific you want to know?

Last week our Ped wanted to chane the milk to Beba HA2, but DH was there and drilled her with a thousand questions on the reason why she wanted to change the milk, and it turned out she couldn't give an especific one (they even checked the composition on both and it was almost the same), so we are keeping Beba HA Start until she's one.

HTH