Author Topic: 16 month old needs mommy to sleep fitfully  (Read 1411 times)

Offline karij2000

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16 month old needs mommy to sleep fitfully
« on: January 03, 2006, 15:57:37 pm »
My 16 month old son goes to bed and falls asleep on his own about 60% of the time.  If he doesn't fall asleep then I have to lay down with him until he falls asleep.  If he does manage to get to sleep on his own then he sleeps tossing and turning for a max. of three hours and then he is up and will not go back down unless I lay down with him.

I am getting so frustrated with the whiole situation.  I am not sleeping well because even if I am in the bed with him he still wakes a couple of times a night.  I have tried just about everything I did with my first two and nothing is working.  I am ready for some new ideas I I have heard that this is the best place to get them.

Thanks very much!
I have three boys ages 4, 3, and 16 months.  My first two are ten months apart.  I have to say that boys are challenging but, fun! They each have their own little personality and I love discovering new things about them every day!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 19:47:11 pm »
hi,

i'm going to pop your post over to our Toddler sleep board, where you will likely receive better advice.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline karij2000

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 21:26:55 pm »
Thanks!

I also posted on a few other boards!  Here's hoping something comes up!
I have three boys ages 4, 3, and 16 months.  My first two are ten months apart.  I have to say that boys are challenging but, fun! They each have their own little personality and I love discovering new things about them every day!

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:10:50 am »
Hello,

Do you have Tracy's latest book?  She really goes into alot of detail in helping toddler sleep issues.  Is he in a crib or bed?  Have there always been issues with his sleep?  What does his bedtime routine look like?
What time does he nap and go to bed at?

Post back with some details and we will try to help!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline karij2000

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 15:25:42 pm »
He used to be a really good sleeper and was actually starting to sleep through the night but, suddenly he is just a very light sleeper and very needy of me.

He gets up in the morning between 8-8:30.  Then he eats breakfast and plays the rest of the morning with me and his older brothers. He has lunch and then goes down for a two hour nap no problem...I put him down with a bottle and he goes to sleep on his own.  When he gets up we play some more and have a snack.  Then he has supper at 5:00 and a bath at 6:30.  Then he plays until 8:00 which is his bedtime.  We always go in and read a book and I rock him and sing usually three songs to him.  Then I put him down with his bottle...he never cries when I put him down and leave the room.  He goes to sleep on his own about 95% of the time.  After about three or four hours have gone by and usually just after I get into bed he starts to wake up.  When he wakes up he will not go back to sleep in his bed and he doesn't just cry when I try to lay him back down he is screaming.  So, I end up in the spare bed with him and sometimes I manage to sneak out if I put a couple of pillows beside him.  sometimes I think that it is the bed that he likes more than me. 

I have really tried to do a lot of different methods over the past few months but, I always get the same response which is screaming.  I do not have Tracy's book but, I think that I am going to go out today and look for it.  There has to be something out there that will work for my little guy! 

Thanks and hope this gives you some more info.