Author Topic: hen did you introduce a 3rd Meal?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
hen did you introduce a 3rd Meal?
« on: January 03, 2006, 23:33:57 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Catherine is 5 months old and i started her on solids a month ago to help with her reflux she took to it straight away. She is currently having solids for breakfast and lunch and we have also just dropped her to 3 bottles from 4 as she was hardly drinking her 11am bottle hardly taking 3oz or 100mls. I have added the extra mls she is missing from her bottle to the other bottles but was wondering if i should give her solids for dinner because she has dropped her 4th bottle? I was going to wait until 6 months as i though 3 meals of solids at 5 months might be to much. I would appreciate your advise  :)

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
hen did you introduce a 3rd Meal?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 23:57:46 pm »
my ds is 7.5 months old and i didn't start weaning til he was six months old.  in our case, i wanted to give him all the time to develop his digestive system as i could as i get some IBS.
we moved from babyrice after a week, were onto two meals (breakfast and dinner) by three weeks and started with three meals a week after that... at that point i became panicky because ds was eating solids so well i worried that he was getting enough milk.  then he stopped with the solids for a bit and now things are back on a pretty even keel. 
long story short, i think that the most important thing is to ensure that your lo gets enough breastmilk/formula (i know between 6 to 12 months its 18 ounces a day, probably more before that) as meals are just yummy practise!
HTH!