Author Topic: Schedule??  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Mrsv4

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 04, 2006, 13:08:16 pm »
Hi, I guess I'm just wondering if someone can help me figure out what's happening with our schedule.  I've had my 7 week old daughter on E.A.S.Y since we brought her home from the hospital.  It went great for the first 3-4weeks, like clockwork.  Then she had a week where she was excessively gassy, followed by the holiday's and now everything is errratic.  She sleeps for some naps only 45min, and others 2hours.  She feeds sometimes for 5 min, then will go 3 hours before feeding again.  Other times she feeds for 20min and will want to eat again in 2 hours  :? .  Also it seems to take forever for her to feed.  She bobs on and off the breast.  So it sometimes takes us 25min to feed 10 min.  Also, she's been waking up a lot in the middle of her naps, which she never used to do.  She's a textbook baby, so this new confusion is got both of us out of sorts.  If anyone has any guidance as to what's happening it would be greatly appreciated. 
Here has been our last two days:
E-6 am (ate for 11min)
A-Change diaper
S-back to bed at 6:50am

E-10am (ate for 17min)
A-10:35-11:35
S-11:40-12:40pm nap

E-12:40 (ate for 10min)
A-couldn't stay awake
S-1:00pm-2:45 nap

E-2:45 (ate for 14min)
A-3:15-3:40
S-3:40-5:25 nap

E-5:25 (ate for 19min)
A-6:00pm-7:25pm
S-7:25-8:25pm

E-1:10am (ate for 9min)
A-change diaper
S-1:50am-6:00am
+++++++++++++
E-6:00am (ate for 6min)
A-diaper change
S-6:35-9:15am

E-9:15 (ate for 18min)
A-9:55-10:45am
S-10:45-11:45am

E-11:45 (ate for 10min)
A-12:10-1:15pm
S-1:15-3:15pm

E-3:15pm (ate for 9min)
A-3:50-4:25
S-4:25-5:10pm

E-5:10pm (ate for 15min)
A-5:50-6:50pm
S-6:50pm-8:20pm

E-8:20pm (ate for 3min)
A-8:25-9:25pm
S-didn't sleep

E-9:25pm (ate for 5min)
A-9:35-10:20pm
S-didn't sleep

E-10:20pm (ate for 12 min)
A-change diaper
S-11:20pm-1:50am

E-1:50am (ate for 6min)
A-change diaper
S-2:20-5:50am

E-5:50am (ate for 20min)
A-change diaper
S-6:45 to now (currently 9:05am)

Can you see why I'm confused??!!  :?

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Schedule??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 16:49:51 pm »
Hello Mrsv4- I am moving this to the E.A.S.Y board, hopefully they can give you some advice there. Also, there are some examples of other babies routines on there that might help.

Good luck!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Schedule??
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 18:02:48 pm »
Hi Mrsv4,
It sounds like you are giving it your all in your routine, and hopefully other moms have good advice for tweaking it.  I just wanted to see if you think there could be reflux going on...  The bobbing on and off the breast, not wanting to eat, wanting to eat all the time, difficulty sleeping sure sounds a lot like silent reflux.  Have you mentioned it to doctor?

Just a thought... 

Hang in there!
Sheila
ng

Offline Mrsv4

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 18:16:06 pm »
hi, I've thought she might have reflux too because she sometimes makes gasping noises when she's sleeping in her crib.  We've propped up the end of her bed, and that seems to help a bit.  In terms of the bobbing on and off the breast, I have a very forceful let down, so I always attributed it to that.  I do spray off the milk when I feel the let down happening, but it doesn't seem to matter.  She chocks and sputters still.  I've been to lactation consultants many many times and tried everything they suggested, but nothing helps.   :(   Anyhow, in terms of the reflux, I've mentioned it to our doctor, and she says "we'll watch it for now".  Basically she didn't want to do anything about it.   :roll:   But i'm going to mention it again at our next visit.  I'm not sure how they'd go about confirming that she has reflux other than treating it and seeing if it works.

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Schedule??
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 18:22:58 pm »
Quote from: Mrsv4
I'm not sure how they'd go about confirming that she has reflux other than treating it and seeing if it works.

Yup, unfortunately, that's basically how they do it.  They can do an Upper GI which is pretty easy, but that does not confirm or eliminate reflux, although if she is refluxing at the time, it would show it (it it meant to show any digestive abnormalities).  Or they can do an endoscopy, which definitely confirms reflux, but is more invasive and usually isn't done right away.

But if you do suspect reflux, I would demand some relief.  So many docs just treat if baby is losing weight, which stinks since the babies can silently reflux, and still have horrible pain.   :(   They may start by just having you give over the counter antacid like Mylanta, or give a prescription for Zantac or a PPI.

Let us know how things go!   :wink:
Sheila
ng

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Schedule??
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 19:17:26 pm »
Sometimes when you breast feed your LO can be sensative to what you eat. Have you noticed a patern of when these thing occer verses what your eating? Have you changed anything in your diet to ty an eliminate the possibility of it being that? For example if your LO is lactos intalerant and you cut out dairy she may become calmer.

As for reflux, what you discribe is simaller to what refluxers would so, or at least to what mine did. Talk to your DR explain this to him. Make a journal of it and keep really close track of it and maybe they might be able to help you.
Kimberly

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Schedule??
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 20:56:19 pm »
if this just started could be her 6 week growth spurt (it does not have to be at exactly 6 weeks)  did she go on an eating frenzy already or could this be it - it can also cause them to sleep erratically
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified