Author Topic: How to drop a dreamfeed  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Taylor5

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: How to drop a dreamfeed
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 20:57:24 pm »
Still going well here, he has woken a few nights but only for a few minutes its his teeth waking him not hunger.
Glee I would start cutting  back on the df every few night by an oz or so, this might make him take a bigger bottle in the mornings if he is a bit more hungry.
Amy take your time weaning him off the df, drop an oz every 3 nights so he has time to adjust, when you get down to 2/3 oz then add an oz into his evening bottle.
Best of luck Taylor

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2006, 22:43:20 pm »
I fell asleep the other night before I could give the df and he woke up like clockwork at 10:30.  Grrrrr....I'm dropping it down to 4 oz tonight.

WHY does he wake up at 5 these days?  I hear that they have more night wakings if there's about to be a developmental milestone....maybe he's about to crawl.  He's trying so hard.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Taylor5

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006, 21:41:30 pm »
Hi Amy
My ds would wake for his df at the same time every night, dh and I would laught saying "does he have a watch up there?" I thought it would be hard to drop the df but it is still going like a dream so far. Ds might be waking if he is hungry can you make his teatime spoon feed a bit bigger? Or make all his spoon feeds a bit bigger as this might help.
Taylor

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 01:54:03 am »
Well, we've got a double ear infection right now, so we're going to wait a while.  We get tubes next Friday.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08