Author Topic: 3-hour schedule is helping with gas but need advice anyway  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Gina(formerly sydnimom)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
3-hour schedule is helping with gas but need advice anyway
« on: January 04, 2006, 23:12:17 pm »
Don't forget I have Sydni at home (3 years old) who constantly is purposely waking up Brandon.  :roll:

I noticed today that he was better and not as gassy/frustrated and I think it's because I really stuck with the 3 hour feeding. So, I wrote down what I did and I wanted your advice as to how to tweek it. The mornings are frustrating as we have no set wakeup b/c he is so gassy that I don't really know if he is awake for a feeding or just to pass so our nights kinda just melt into the morning. KWIM?  I want to definately fix that.

Okay, today looked like this:

S 8:00  (don't ask what happened to the E or the A - I have no idea)
woke at 8:12 and I held him until his 10:00 feed time.

E 10:20 (31 mins.)
A 10:50-11:25
S 11:40 - 12:35 (I had to go in 3 times to resettle). I held him until 1:00

E 1:10 - 1:27 (17 mins.)
A 1:30-2:05
S 2:22 - 3:05 (had to go in 1 time) He slept on me until 4:10

E 4:10-4:38
A 4:40-5:00
S 5:00 -6:15 I had to go in 3 times and he finally settled and went down/down at 5:45. 45 minutes to get a 5 week old seems like a long time but his big sister came in the room and woke him up by whistling.  :roll:  :roll:  He slept for 30 minutes.

6:30 bath/activity
Fussy until sufficient gas passed and BM
E 8:00
S 8:30

I know I have to stop holding him but I'm sooooo tired. Help me tweek / fix this routine so I can better read his cues so he doesn't get so gassy.

Thanks ladies.
Gina
Sydni - 10/16/02
Brandon - 11/28/05
Gina@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 15:54:46 pm »
Have you tried using gas drops?  The come sold as Mylicon commonly, but the ingredient is simethicone.
Kelsey would grunt and groan all night, but usually while she was asleep.  She would pull her legs up and wiggle.  The nurse told us to give her the drops before/after each feeding, and as needed, before bed.  It greatly helped.  She still gets a drop in each bottle to cut down on the foam/bubbles in the bottle and prevent gas.  I also gave them when I was bf.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 16:10:42 pm »
My DD could clear a room at 2 weeks with her gas - well, at least the sounds she made.  We switched her bottles to the Playtex drop-in system that collapses as she eats and started using Infant Mylicon.  I just put a drop or two in each bottle and these two things have REALLY helped with the gas.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt