Author Topic: EASY and Weaning and Sleep  (Read 858 times)

Offline Dollyplum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 05, 2006, 14:15:18 pm »
Hello all,

I am not quite sure where to post this gem, so I thought I would try with both E and S of each message boards.  I am sorry for the duplication, but I really need advice.

Cameron is now 3 months old and has been on the wonderful EASY routine since he was 4 weeks old. I had to start give the wee man baby rice from about 7 weeks on the advice and guidance of my Health Visitor and GP.  This has been a great tonic for him, he became content almost over night. The problem was that he is 98th centile and is already 19lbs in weight at 13 weeks and he is above 99.6th centile in length. The bottle feeds were just not filling him up and this made for an unhappy little boy. Since then he has been progressing lovely and sleeping thought the night 7-7.

Now he is posing a new problem to me...

Cameron has started to refuse naps as part of his EASY during the day. The thing is that its a guide that a baby at his age should be getting 3 naps a day of a total 5 hours. I assume that means three meals a day? Now my wee boy is happy with three ricey/porridgey/sunshine banana meals a day with milk but he likes (nay demands) 6 bottles a day in total. So he gets 3 x bottle feeds and 3 x bottles which are double up to mix his meals? Now all the bottles he gets are each 9oz be it mixing up his meals or be it a drink. Now I am finding it near impossible to keep to the EASY routine I know and love.  As he obviously doesn’t need the 6 naps a day at his age and the amount he protests!

Ppppppppppppppplllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssee Advise me.

Nikki and Cameron xx

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
EASY and Weaning and Sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 21:00:49 pm »
if he only wants 3 naps and 6 feeds then i'd go with it.  the main thing to remember is don't feed him to sleep.  yes, your EASY will look all crazy; more like EAEAESY or something like that, but if that's how it works, then i'd ride with him on that.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Dollyplum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 21:12:09 pm »
Jaime

Thanks for the advise I will give it a try over the weekend, hopefully I was being too strict to the routine of him having to have a nap before I would feed him again.  I will go with EAEASY across the day but I am debating extending the EASY across 4 hours as apposed to 3? If EAEASY proves to make him tired or really grumpy after a few days?  :)  :)

Thanks Nikki and Cameron xx

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
EASY and Weaning and Sleep
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 21:20:14 pm »
if you do EAEASY, that 2nd A time might be really short before he goes down for a nap. 

but i will also say that the EASY mods are wonderful with stuff like that, so i'm sure you will get better advice to that end on the other board!   :lol:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy