Author Topic: Extending A Time  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Mrsv4

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 05, 2006, 16:52:36 pm »
My lo is 7 weeks old, she's gotten into the pattern of eating, having about 30-45 min of activity time, then wants to nap.  The problem is she's napping for only 30min then wanting to get up again to play.  So, as you can see the E.A.S.Y routine gets a bit jumbled.  Just wondering what I can do to keep her awake a bit longer, so that when she does sleep it' s for longer than 30min.  Also, I'm finding it hard to read her cues and end up trying to feed her when she's not really hungry, then that compounds the problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Extending A Time
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 18:36:43 pm »
What does her day look like?  And what kinds of activities are you doing with her at the moment?  I would say walking would work for extending A time, but if your LO sleeps in the stroller than that wouldnt be such a good idea.  You could try just walking around with her, and looking at pictures on the wall or just talking.  You could take her outside and talk about whatever's out there.

Offline Mrsv4

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 19:01:06 pm »
I posted a sample of our days in the E.A.S.Y section under the heading 'Schedule? ' (sorry i don't know how to link to the page from here).  However, on that schedule I didn't include all the times she woke up in the middle of her naps.  In terms of activities we do there's a fair amount:  mat time, bouncy chair, rocker chair, play with puppets, reading to her, playing with her blocks, watching a few minutes of baby einstein video, we do walk around the house looking at various things but she gets so heavy after awhile I have to sit down, we do some play time in her crib looking in her mirror, and we talk with her a lot.  We don't go outside much because the weather hasn't been great (very cold with lots of snow and ice).  We do go for walks in the mall sometimes but she does fall asleep  :? .