Author Topic: 5 Month Old WAS Sleeping Through  (Read 784 times)

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
5 Month Old WAS Sleeping Through
« on: January 05, 2006, 19:55:15 pm »
Hi there.  My five month old had been sleeping through the night since she was 2.5 months old.  I was lucky I know.  Three weeks ago we changed her routine from the "5 S's" Shhh, Swaddle, Swing, Suck/Sooth, and Side from the Happiest Baby on the Block.  The rocking and swaying was getting a bit much so we adopted the pat/shhh which worked like a charm.  She took to it very nicely with a few hiccups when she is over tired. 

So now she is waking 2 - 3 times a night sometimes with only 2 hours in between.  Is she teething at just 5 months?  I don't understand because pat/shhh goes so much more calm and gentle vs. what we were doing before which was literally bouncing her in our arms until she fell well asleep.  Pat/shh works for her naps and bedtime and alot of times we don't even have to pat her we just set her down kiss her head and its lights out but I am getting very little sleep now.

The 5 S's worked for us when she was very young and colicy and I suppose that is what we had to do to get through that fase but it was time for a change.

Any suggestions would be great.
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 20:51:55 pm »
My baby did this when she was teething and when she was getting sick. They can absolutely get teeth at 5 months and it can be sore for them long before they break through. did she do any developmental changes lately? like rolling or anything different.? that can change things also. hang in there sometimes they go through a tough sleeping change for  a week or so then it is back to normal. I have a 7 month old and pat/sh never worked. instead I rock her until she is calm and then I used to put her in her crib and place my hands on her arm and legs to calm her down and she fell asleep. sometimes I still do this, but most she falls asleep alone.

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
5 Month Old WAS Sleeping Through
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 20:57:44 pm »
She has had developmental changes and I have been terribly ill. 

She is rolling like a champ and talking up storm.  I love it but never though there would be a connection. 

She could be fighting whatever I got.  It has been two weeks that I have been sick.  I credited the bf antibodies for keeping her well because I was SICK.

Thanks for responding.  I hope it will pass.

Is there a way of knowing if she is teething before they break through?  She loves to put things in her mouth and seems to bit down rather than suck at times ???
Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.