Author Topic: Pat/Shush for 5 mth old  (Read 923 times)

Offline RyansMum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Pat/Shush for 5 mth old
« on: January 05, 2006, 20:08:08 pm »
HI

I posted a while ago in the props that my lo had become dependant on the dummy and was waking up from it falling from his mouth so we have been doing the removing once he is calm and paused sucking.  However I still wanted to remove dummy completely so for his last nap of the day and bed about 15 minutes ago I did pat shush though pat on his side rather than his back.  He has never got so calm so quickly!!!  He also hasn't missed his dummy at either time!  Does anyone else use pat/shush for this age baby?  I feel it is probably a better way for him to settle than the dummy removal thing.  Would like some opinions of other Mums who have used pat/shush.

Many thanks

Ps I am lucky that lo sleeps through night 99% of the time anyway its just the early part just after bedtime that he is distressed.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Pat/Shush for 5 mth old
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 21:06:25 pm »
i still use it on occasion, and luke is 11 months old.   :wink:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Pat/Shush for 5 mth old
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 22:42:11 pm »
Thanks for that, he actually did not wake up after 30 minutes which is the norm and so far is still asleep!  Not sure if this is a fluke or whether it was down to pat/shush but seeing as he was more calm I will use it for at least that!