Author Topic: How often to add stuff?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
How often to add stuff?
« on: January 05, 2006, 22:52:17 pm »
I'm sure this is here somewhere, but don't have the energy to search all the pages.  When adding new foods, do one for 3-4 days to look for a reaction.  Then I can add another one for 3-4 days, right?  Is it better to just do the one new one, vs that one one meal, and an older one at another?  Also, is there any difference in the stage 1 and 2 stuff besides amount and a bit thicker?   Could only find stage 2 peas today, so got that.  I promise to check out the older posts at some point! :lol:
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
How often to add stuff?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 22:56:40 pm »
Hi Jenn,
I think you are right on with adding new foods.  A new food every 3-4 days, and some docs say to introduce the new food in the earlier part of the day so that if there is a reaction, you can run to the doctor's office.   Oh, and I have heard that stage 1 and 2 are the same, so it should be no problem.  I hope the peas are a hit!   :wink:
Sheila
ng

Offline hballast

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How often to add stuff?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 00:47:26 am »
I am wondering about that question too -- whether you do 3-4 days of food #1, then 3-4 days of exclusively food #2 or can you do #1 and #2 together when introducing #2... I don't know if that makes sense, but here's an example:

days 1-3: sweet potato
days 4-6: carrots

OR

days 1-3 sweet potato
days 4-6 sweet potato AND carrots

I didn't realize how important this was at first, plus I was on vacation when we started solids so it was tough to find the right foods (should have waited!).  My DS threw up last night because he had 3 different foods in one day and wasn't ready!  I felt awful.  I'm trying to fix the situation but I need help!  THANKS!
Haley, mom to a beautiful angel textbook baby, Nathanael Paul 05/26/2005

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
How often to add stuff?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 03:40:14 am »
Don't feel bad, Haley!  I am sure it has happened to most parents.  ;)  I would just start from scratch with what foods you know are safe with him, and then just reintroduce them one at a time.  You will probably find the culprit then, or it could be he just had a tummy bug? 

Oh, and I think that your second scenario is correct.  You would just add a new food, while still giving whatever foods that have already passed the test.
Sheila
ng

Offline hballast

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How often to add stuff?
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 07:16:39 am »
Thank you so much!  That helps a lot.  He's doing better now, we're just sticking to one food at a time and sort of starting over.  :)
Haley, mom to a beautiful angel textbook baby, Nathanael Paul 05/26/2005