Author Topic: 45 Min Naps  (Read 1233 times)

Offline millieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 06, 2006, 16:15:38 pm »
My 12wk bb is only doing 45min Naps, should I be worried, he sleeps very well at night, from 7:30pm to around 7am. He tends to cry in his sleep around an hour after we put him to bed.  I've tried everything to try & get him to Nap, i.e ignoring him when he wakes up, staying in his room and trying to get him to sleep by sssh pat method.  I don't know what else to try.  The only thing I can think off, is that the light through the curtains bothers him, but I don't want to have black out blinds incase he gets use to them which will cause a problem when he starts nursery.  Please I need some advise.  PS - Until today he napped for 1i/2 hours during the morning Nap

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
45 Min Naps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 23:33:13 pm »
Hi there and congratulations on ds! 
First, please post your routine for the day including his A times.  Also include details for his winddown routine.

How long have the 45 minute naps been going on?

Do you use white noise?  Does he use a pacifier?  Do you swaddle?

Sorry for so many questions, but it helps me to clarify things.

thanks!
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline lkc

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 23:39:40 pm »
You have probably already seen a lot of us are going through the same thing around this age.  You are not alone on this.  My LO is 10.5 WO and she started with the 45 min. naps about a week ago.  I have been trying the methods posted under the nap forum ("How Tracy helped Josie....")and they seem to be working slowly.  Unfortunately, I have been told it will be a slow process, maybe four weeks or so.  But already a week later, dd has taken 4-5 naps per day and usually two of them last more than 1.5 hours. 

I am also wondering how babies differentiate between night and day sleep.  There have been a couple of nights dd would wake after 45 min at bedtime.  Our winddown routines are different and I am guessing their biorhythms have something to do with it as well.  Can anyone clarify further on this?  How does a baby know the difference? 

Lori

Lori

Offline millieh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 13:59:10 pm »
My BB was on a three hour routine and he still had the problem of not napping longer than 45 after the first nap time at 8:30.  He is now on the 4 hour routine starting and 7am till 7pm and I'm bottle feeding.  His nap times are 9am to 11am (He sleeps for about 1:30 hours with difficulty) the next one at 1pm to 3pm is when he sleeps for 45mins, we try and put him back to sleep by using the normal method we use at night time (stroking his back in bed).  I am really unsure as to what to try next.  Can some guide me.

Thanks

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
45 Min Naps
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 14:18:49 pm »
Hello, sounds like you are doing well on the first nap, so he knows how to do it, he just needs some help on the second.

How does he go down for this nap? Is he OK, or does he fight it? Perhaps his A time needs adjusting. If he has trouble getting to sleep, then perhaps he is overtired, and you could think of the 3.5 hour EASY instead. Do you think this is the case, or is it something else?
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston