Author Topic: Need Schedule Advice  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Need Schedule Advice
« on: January 06, 2006, 19:10:29 pm »
Grayson is doing well on the 3 hour schedule but we have to wake him from EVERY nap.  So yesterday I decided to let him sleep and see how he did.  He moved himself to an almost 4 hour schedule.  This morning he went 4 hours between feeds and we woke him for that.  But his A time is 1 hr 15 or 1 hr 30 (at VERY most).  Last night he did wake earlier for his night feed but he did that three nights ago before we changed a thing. 

So my question is would you still wake him and keep him on the three hr schedule or let him sleep and see what happens?  His feed increased when we moved him longer.  He ate about an ounce more waiting 4 hrs.  The problem is I love knowing what time he will eat and with the 3hr we wake him at the 3 hr mark so I always know.

Typical day
Wake 7:00
Sleep 8:15

wake/eat 10:00
Sleep 11:15

wake/eat 1:00
Sleep 2:15

wake/eat 4:00
Sleep 5:15

wake 6:00

Bed at 7:00(eat also)
DF at 11:30

sometimes a night feed sometimes sleep thru

This morning I didn't wake him at 3 hr
Woke him at 7:30
Sleep at 9:00
woke him at 11:30 to eat

Sleep 12:35 (tired and cranky after 1 hr)
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Need Schedule Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 15:43:51 pm »
Seems like you have a great routine going right now.  If I remember from your post, he's almost 3 mos?  I don't think it would hurt to try a few different things.  If it doesn't end up working, you can always go back to what you are doing now?  Are you bf or bottle-feeding?  I think he might start changing things on his own anyway as you approach 4 mos.  HTH
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Need Schedule Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 21:20:54 pm »
For a long time I always had to wake Zoe too, so when she got a little older I let her sleep but would still wake her at the 4 hr mark if she didn't wake earlier on her own.  She did end up moving to a 4 hr schedule sooner than the norm, and it worked out for her.  I did have to tweak EASY quite a few times and feed before a nap, etc but she could put herself to sleep so it was never an issue.   :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom