Author Topic: Food Issue or Teething?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Food Issue or Teething?
« on: January 07, 2006, 00:53:14 am »
Does anyone think my DD (21 weeks) may be having a reaction to solids? She has been on Neocate formula for MSPI and rice cereal for some months now and all was great. GI doc had us remove cereal from bottles and start giving to her by spoon a few weeks ago. Same time we were allowed to start fruits and veggies. We started with pears which DD seemed to LOVE. No rashes, no increased spitting (she does enough of that normally, but nothing new), etc. Apples caused rash and more vomit.

However, we've noticed that since starting the pears (or shortly thereafter) she's become MUCH more fussy and sometimes having screaming fits in late afternoon evening. So hard to tell because it also seems like she's defintely teething and she started to roll and it's affecting her sleep some.

So basically, we plan to stop everything except Neocate and rice cereal for a few days and see if it changes anything. But I'm curiuos as to your thoughts - could a reaction to the pears really cause such extreme crankiness but nothing else? And if so, how long till it gets out of her system?

Thanks much.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Food Issue or Teething?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 16:11:18 pm »
Gas?  DD got really cranky from sweet potatos, lasted a few hours.  Maybe her tum isn't ready yet?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Food Issue or Teething?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 17:32:20 pm »
No real audible gas but she does pull her legs in some so maybe. So hard to tell...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01