Author Topic: I need schedule help!!!  (Read 852 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
I need schedule help!!!
« on: January 07, 2006, 01:15:01 am »
I posted this on the EASY board but Jena thought I should try here.

Grayson is doing well on the 3 hour schedule but we have to wake him from EVERY nap. So yesterday I decided to let him sleep and see how he did. He moved himself to an almost 4 hour schedule. This morning he went 4 hours between feeds and we woke him for that. But his A time is 1 hr 15 or 1 hr 30 (at VERY most). Last night he did wake earlier for his night feed but he did that three nights ago before we changed a thing.

So my question is would you still wake him and keep him on the three hr schedule or let him sleep and see what happens? His feed increased when we moved him longer. He ate about an ounce more waiting 4 hrs. The problem is I love knowing what time he will eat and with the 3hr we wake him at the 3 hr mark so I always know.

Typical day
Wake 7:00
Sleep 8:15

wake/eat 10:00
Sleep 11:15

wake/eat 1:00
Sleep 2:15

wake/eat 4:00
Sleep 5:15

wake 6:00

Bed at 7:00(eat also)
DF at 11:30

sometimes a night feed sometimes sleep thru

This morning I didn't wake him at 3 hr
Woke him at 7:30
Sleep at 9:00
woke him at 11:30 to eat

Sleep 12:40 (tired and cranky after 1 hr)
Woke him at 3:30
He ate 6 ounces
Sleep4:45

He woke himself at 5:45
Eat 6:30
Bed for night 7:00

So today he did 4 hour EASY.  Is this too soon for a 12 week old?  He is upping his intake but since I nurse him I cannot tell how much.  Dh gives him one bottle while I'm at work so that is how I know how much more he ate at 3:30.

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
I need schedule help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 01:29:50 am »
I would let him sleep if it were me.  Probably not past the four hour easy mark though.  As long as he is eating more and it does not cause him to wake more at night.  Or maybe you could try a 3.5 hour easy?  I really think it is best to just aim for the e-a-s and that way you dont have the eat to sleep association so if he wants to sleep a little bit more during the day then let him and just feed him as soon as he wakes.  Sounds like you are doing good with the easy though.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th