Author Topic: Is this going to confuse her too much. BW only at night  (Read 916 times)

Offline Pusskin

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is this going to confuse her too much. BW only at night
« on: January 07, 2006, 14:30:19 pm »
Hallo... During the day Phoebe (1 month) sleeps brilliantly if she falls asleep on me... if we try BW shh pat all naps go out of the window as she is really unsettled. However at night it is a different story and we did BW shh pat last night and it worked a treat and she slept really well:

Bed 9pm, DF 10pm, f 1.30, f 4.30

After both night feeds she was alseep again in 45 mins (unheard of events!)

Is it possible to use the BW method during the night and once we have that sussed properly start using it in the day without confusing Phoebe too much?
If not how do you suggest sorting out our little problem!
Puss & Phoebe

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 16:03:39 pm »
hi, my DS is 10 WO and i have allways used the pat-shush metod during days and nigths,  and about two weeks ago he stopped needing it, he goes to sleep just by placing him awake in his crib. I would recomend that you defenitly do the metod ALL THE TIME, because it is REALLY worth it, its a lot of work (i coudl take him like 30 min of pat-shushing) but in the end he stopped needing it :D . Good luck

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:49:59 am »
Yeah--it would get confusing. The best method to use is in all reality is consistancy. The more consistant you are, non-wavering on how you do it, it will sink in. If you throw some inconsistancy in there, I think it might eventually sink in one way or another, but it will take a lot longer to get the point across. LO's thrive on consistancy, they like to know what comes next...it's a comfort thing.

Hope this helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005