Author Topic: How to move sleep schedule forward one hour?  (Read 907 times)

Offline JWB's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
How to move sleep schedule forward one hour?
« on: January 07, 2006, 15:19:17 pm »
My 8 month old has been off schedule for the last 3 weeks or so due to being out of town for the holidays and having his first ear infection. We're in the process of recovering, but his new schedule has been going to bed at 6:30pm and sleeping until 5:00 or 5:30am with maybe one waking for a brief time. I'd like to get back to our 7:00pm to 6:30am schedule, but he doesn't seem to want to sleep as long. And if I try to put him to bed later, he seems overtired and wakes up earlier, like at 4:30am! I was trying to drop the catnap, but haven't been able to because he's waking so early and sometimes having only 40 minute naps. Here's our basic schedule:

5:00 or 5:30 Wake up
6:00 Bottle
7:00 Breakfast
7:30 or 8:00 Nap (40 min to 1 hour)
10:00 Bottle
11:00 Lunch
12:00 Nap (1 - 1.5 hours)
2:00 Bottle
4:00 Catnap (45 minutes)
5:00 Dinner
5:30 Bath
6:00 Bottle and then bed (no trouble going down - he's exhaused)

It varies each day depending on his naps. I can't seem to get back on track. I guess I'm really frustrated because I've done the EASY routine without any major issues since he was 6 weeks and it's worked perfectly. He has slept through the night since he was 8 weeks and now I'm exhausted. We're finally done with most of the night wakings since his ear infection and cold are getting better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!
Julie (Mom to Jack - Spirited/Textbook)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
How to move sleep schedule forward one hour?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 20:02:06 pm »
Could you do it gradually in 10-15 minute increments?  It would take longer, but might be easier that way.  Hopefully someone else will have other thoughts as well.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.