Author Topic: Mixing fruits/veggies with cereal  (Read 1425 times)

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:18 am »
I typically mix a veggie or fruit in with the cereal (either rice or oatmeal) - this is how I've been doing it since Elise started on solids.  Lately I've been wondering if I should mix them...  Does it get in the way of her really tasting the fruit or veggie?  Will it make her only like bland things (I'm guessing they taste more bland mixed with cereal)?  Does it really not matter & I'm overthinking this??  :shock:

I know in Tracy's 3rd book she jokes about not mixing things too much because they're people, not dogs  :lol: , but I don't know if this qualifies as too much.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this?  Thanks!!
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Mixing fruits/veggies with cereal
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 02:23:59 am »
I do the very same thing with Liam's solids.  I put the cereal in with everything, saves me having to feed him two things, and makes whatever I'm feeding him a little less messy.  I didn't mix too much with the other two, I put cereal in Gemma's fruit, but I think that was about it.  She eats like a normal person now.  I wondered about it too, but really it saves me  time- and he eats so fast he would get mad if it took him any longer to have his food.  Don't know if that's helpful or not.
Lisa

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 02:31:52 am »
When my ds first started eating solids, we started with the cereal, and did that alone forever it seemed.  Then once I introduced the fruits, I started mixing some spoonfuls of fruit into his cereal.  Then I went to using a 4 oz. jar of fruit, adding some cereal, and that was his breakfast!  Which I still do, by the way.

I don't think it makes one bit of difference to add the fruit to the cereal.  In fact, I know a lot of people do add fruit because the cereal is so bland that I don't think it has much taste to it. 

So, I think you're totally fine!

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:42:48 am »
Quote from: CanadianMom
I put cereal in Gemma's fruit, but I think that was about it.  She eats like a normal person now.

That's super funny!  :lol:

Thanks to you both - I'll keep doing what I have been - it does seem easier that way!
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 01:01:44 am »
We do it here too.   :)
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 18:16:42 pm »
Half a jar of stage 2 fruit mixed with cereal in the morning...half a jar of stage 2 veggies for lunch and then the two left-over halves for dinner.  I don't mix the fruit with the veggies b/c he loves them both so much as they are.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08