Author Topic: In DIRE need of some advice!  (Read 934 times)

Offline MarkusSimm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 08, 2006, 16:36:39 pm »
Where to begin....   well, my son is 8 mths old and it takes about an hour to put him to sleep and thats if I'm lucky for both naps and bedtime.  My routine for going to bed has been to go in the room, read some stories, put the music on, turn the lights out, tell him it's time to sleep, and then lay him in the crib w/ the paci (will try to eliminate later).  My problem is that b/c he is very mobile now, he tries to flip over onto his tummy and he gets on his hands and knees and rocks and goes backwards and he smiles and gurgles at me and thinks it playtime!  Or he will stay on his back and make noises but doesn't cry or he will take his paci out and play with it.  I just don't know how to let him know it's bedtime not playtime!  Should I be preventing him from flipping onto his tummy or let him go on his tummy then flip him back onto his back?  Should I leave the room right away and let him do whatever until he cries out?  I've never put him to sleep on his tummy but I have gone in to check on him sometimes and he's sleeping on his tummy.  I'm at my wits end!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!! ANYBODY!!!!!!!!  -Audrey

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
In DIRE need of some advice!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 18:23:42 pm »
Hi Audrey,

As long as he is not crying, I would just do your night time wind-down ritual, lay him in the crib, give him good night kisses, and walk out.  He might play for a while, but I would stay out of the room and let him fall asleep on his own.  If he does cry, (and it is more than a mantra cry) then you can return and do shush/pat or PD, etc. 

It sounds like he just might be a tummy sleeper, which is just fine at his age. 

**Oh, also, do you get sleepy signs from him before bedtime?
Sheila
ng

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
In DIRE need of some advice!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 18:32:36 pm »
I second what Sheila said ;)

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005