Author Topic: 19 month old still not sleeping could it still be colic ?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline kieransmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19 month old still not sleeping could it still be colic ?
« on: January 08, 2006, 13:54:39 pm »
:( My db has never slept through the night cant beleive we are still sane, if it wasnt for supportive dh, i think i would of definately gone insane by now we have been sharing the night waking. We are so exhausted i have no energy for anything i fell my life is on hold.
When he was a new baby we new it was bad colic right up to about 5 mths then we put it down to teething, but now at this age we just dont know. He is a very clingy child and as i am at home with him and he just sees his nan on the odd weekend, i guess this is alot to do with the clingy part could it be sep anxiety why he wakes ?
He has started waking up with a real scream like his petrified. We have always given him a bottle of weak juice just to get him back off which worked up to recently but now he pushes it away and keeps standing up in the cot. I have never brought him into our bed as i learnt not to start that from previous mistake with daughter . He is my third db, and is so good in the day an angel in fact but a horror at night. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. kim

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 01:56:26 am »
What is his day routine like?
How does he fall asleep?

Frequent night waking is often due to a wrong sleep association, some babies cope better than others with associations. If you can provide some more information about his day & his 'time before falling asleep' then I may be able to help give some ideas
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline kieransmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:36:35 am »
Thanks for your reply. He is put down for a sleep after lunch about 1.30 most days unless im out then he just kips in the pushchair for a short while but never very long his so interested in whats going on around him. There are days he just wont go down and i give in and bring him back down thinking his not tired enough. In the eve we put him down at 7.30 and after waking about 3 times in the night he wakes again at 7.30 - 8am when i take my other boy to school in the car. I hope this helps you to give me more advice Many thanks in advance. Kim If you need any more info i will be happy to of course.