Author Topic: milk,lactose and soya intolerance  (Read 1303 times)

Offline catellkai

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
milk,lactose and soya intolerance
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:34:55 am »
hi i am new to this site but i am really kicking myself for not joining months ago!
my dd is 7 months old and from being born the doctors have told me that she has had severe colic,but none of the colic medicines worked,i was beside myself all she would do is cry, screamingand cry some more i was getting nowhere i didnt want to go back to docters as they where no good.
it took a sudden drop in my dds weight for the health visitor to finally believe me that something was wrong.i went to see a dietican last thursday and she diagnosed her with the milk lactose and soy intolerance, finally somebody was listening to me and telling me that she was ill and it was not my imagination.
over christmas she has had a very serious bought of diaherria well she has had it for three weeks,took her to docters there was nothing wrong with her just one of them things.my dd has been on just abought every formula milk going even soya we couldnt wean because she was too ill.
last friday my dd got worse i rung the dietician and explained her symptomsand she has put her on a  formula called pepti by cow and gate.
has anybody had any experience with this milk? does anybody elses children have this if so would  you please reply as i am feeling very alone at the mo.

many thanks cat

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
milk,lactose and soya intolerance
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 13:38:23 pm »
Oh Cat, I'm so sorry, how scary? I'm glad that you've been informed that it it MSPI. We have a fantastic post all about it that I've listed below. I realize you're not nursing but it is still very helpful.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/milk-soy-protein-intolerance-mspi-vt25218.html

As for the fomula, I'm not sure what you have available in England but here in America we have a couple different formulas that are completely dairy and soy free called Allumentim and Nutramigen. Keep checking until you find one that works. Good luck.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline ks6

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 57
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 16:48:27 pm »
Took us until 4 1/2 months to figure out our ds had MSPI.  We are breastfeeding, so I had to eliminate everything from my diet.  For his cereal and now a bottle once a day, we use Nutramigen.  It took about 3 weeks for the bowel movements to clear up, but the formula works great for him.