Author Topic: Tell me about swaddling with a grobag!  (Read 1319 times)

Offline spudballoo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 09, 2006, 14:51:26 pm »
I've read a few of you tried this.  My son, 4 months, has never been swadddled and sleeps in a grobag.  He needs me to 'pin his arms down' for naps and I think a swaddle would help, but I'm a little nervous of introducing one.  Would putting his arms inside his grobag help do you think?!

x

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Tell me about swaddling with a grobag!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 18:48:36 pm »
hi,
personal opion here! I wouldn't introduce a swadlle now, as it was about 4 months old I was desparate to wean Jake from his!
As part of his "swaddle weaning plan" I did put his arms inside the gro bag, and this was quite effective.He generally worked them out in the night, but that was good as I wanted him to get used to it.
Also it turns out Jake is a tummy/ side sleeper, which he couldn't do while swaddled.
But saying all that, sometimes if he's over tired I still have to hold his arms still!
Liz.

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Tell me about swaddling with a grobag!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 18:51:22 pm »
I still swaddle my 5th month old. I use two swaddle me blankets or depending on weather/laundry situation use a sleep sack on inside and then swaddle me on outside. The double layer seems to hold him better....he busts out of a single layer and then is upset that he is not swaddled. Go figure!!
Jeni